Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:52 pm by Spartanmario

» The Dregs of Korn
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:46 pm by SilverDragonRed

» September 30: Underale
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:50 pm by Frieza2000

» Turn 3-1068
Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:21 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Hello, IGN.

View user profile
Have you seen the video about the Nomad? There we learn that some of the things it doesn't start off with are six-wheeled drive and a hand brake. Why are we not using shuttles?

View user profile
Bioware Livestream of MEA from PAX, careful for SPOILERS of course

5:30 What is up with the facial animations, ME 1-3 had better facial animation than that, seriously they are not just a minor annoyance, they stick out too much imo.

A second one hour stream

Last edited by KaRaOuLiS on Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Seriously, they could have gotten the animators from Dragon Age Inquisition to work on the faces. We go from Inquisition to "mumumumumumu"?

I think I heard the Windows WiFi disconnect sound at the end of their conversation. Skynet! lol

I don't see why we should care anymore, when they apparently don't. Not when they uploaded significant scenes from PeeBee's loyalty mission on Youtube.

View user profile
I just don't understand how both DA and ME Bioware teams can still be bad at making character and facial animations, they just don't want to improve. Take CDProjekt Red as an example, if you see their character and facial animation on Witcher 2 and then see the improvement they did on 3 it is simply amazing.
RorytheRomulan wrote:I don't see why we should care anymore, when they apparently don't. Not when they uploaded significant scenes from PeeBee's loyalty mission on Youtube.
On the second video they stream Liam's loyalty mission too on a live stage, why are they showing loyalty missions.....

View user profile
Or revealing that Kett are repurposed native Andromedan species ala Collectors in a launch trailer.

View user profile
Here is a good indicator of how much Bioware either doesn't care or doesn't want to pay attention.

View user profile
Ok this simply looks and sounds amazing, i hope it is as they show it.

View user profile
Buahahaha lol!  

View user profile
That's awesome!

View user profile
I been reading from people who got the review copies of MAE, that the Ryder twins are not like Male /Female Shepard, as in not having 100% the same lines to say, Male Ryder has a more sarcastic and humorous personality and female Ryders is more serious. I don't know to what extent this goes, but it is one of the thing we always wanted in the trilogy.

View user profile

Kinda odd that so many missions are being displayed before the game comes out.

Anyway, it looks fairly good; but I couldn't shake off a question at the end of the video.
The Question:
"Why are we fighting rocky Covenant at a Forerunner structure?"

View user profile
Because this is a Halo crossover, obviously. Here, I got some gripes for ya.

Ryder: My daaaaaaaaad!

no mentioning: Andromeda opening mission gameplay:

Well, they fixed the horrible lip-sync. But some of those faces are just hilarious. The asari doctor when she's getting up after the shocks in cryo, Cora when asks if everyone's okay...

Why Ryder? He just woke up and he's the only one with a scanner? Why don't you have a scanner, you've been up longer than he has. And you guys put a man in cryo with a spare scanner than one of you guys could have used. The engineers need Ryder's help diagnosing a problem because they're not equipped with scanners to begin with... *sigh* And "Can you go reset it?" You mean you don't have the manpower to do it yourselves!?

Atmospheric entry...why aren't you guys seated? Yeah remain standing while entering atmo, that seems safe. Yeah they even start wobbling when lighting hits them, should have stayed in your seats. HOLYSHIT THEY FLY OUT! LOL Should have buckled up, you idiots!

"Safety tip, don't breathe the air. I found that out the hard way." Sam just got done telling you that the whole planet doesn't have enough oxygen, and you decided to see if you could breathe suffocation. Ryder got picked for Team Idiot, but something tells me his partner is in good company.

"They're DNA-based." Uh, duh. Every living thing is DNA-based. If it wasn't, you'd have cried "synthetic" and declared war on them because you come from a galaxy where fear of and opposition to AI is culturally ingrained.

"Would we treat them any different if they showed up on Earth armed to the teeth? Peace isn't going to be an option here." I'm sorry, what? Are you retroactively blaming your own decision to bring arms? And honestly no we would not! If an alien force showed up on earth armed to the teeth and one of them put down his weapons plural to surrender, we would not gun them down, we would probably capture them and study them to be brutally honest, but we would not be outright hostile. "Peace isn't going to be an option," you just got done saying you hoped First Contact could have gone better, with an avenger rifle in your hands. You're all over the damn place, Ryder!

And I think at some point the player levels up and then switches to the avenger from the pistol. Why is Ryder bringing a weapon he's not trained to use? How did he suddenly learn how to fire an assault rifle on the battlefield? This makes no sense.

*Guy shoots an alien repeatedly after death* "Now I feel better." Now I feel like you need counseling and a slap in the face for wasting ammo. Because not being able to waste ammo was a thing that was retconned.

"I didn't know you were biotic." "Don't worry, it's not contagious." No why didn't you tell anyone? That sounds like it could have been very useful to know. It would have been nice to know that when lightning was about to strike just now, we weren't gonna die.

And obviously they cut it off at the end because the next cutscene, oh, that's the true spoiler, that's the thing you'll have to buy the game to see.

View user profile
that sounds... exactly what I feared and expected.

Actually I am sad.

View user profile
Very funny Laughing  

View user profile
"Premise: The Andromeda Initiative is a front. Staged to appear as a joint, cooperative effort between several Milky Way races, who in fact do come together to make it possible, it was originally conceived and funded by Cerberus. Amidst multimedia propaganda claiming that the journey was simply to "expand, explore, and seek out new homes", the true purpose of the AI was to arrive at a very specific, predetermined part of Andromeda. The Heleus Cluster contains an anomaly which may be studied, new science and technology learned, and brought back to the Milky Way, to ensure Humanity's domination over the war-torn galaxy. It is by no coincidence that the AI arrives at just that location, as the Nexus is really a Citadel-sized Mass Relay which, when completed, will facilitate much quicker transport between the two galaxies.

Once the AI arrives in Andromeda, each of the so-called Golden Worlds are discovered to be shams, and the true nature of the AI eventually is uncovered. People feel used, cheated, and angry that they were sold on a lie, and tricked into aiding Cerberus' schemes for galactic domination. A Rebellion ensues. At the center of all this, is Alec Ryder, a former N7 operative, who is thrown directly into this conflict when his twin children are killed in an explosion. He vows to find the people responsible, and exact vengeance, but what he discovers will change everything he thought he knew.

Cora Harper, daughter of the Illusive Man, will stop at nothing to ensure that the true purpose of the AI is achieved. With the aid of SAM, a Cerberus-constructed artificial intelligence infinitely more advanced than EDI, she will crush the Rebellion at any cost. Alec Ryder finds himself torn between his desire for vengeance, and the need to stop Cora and the Cerberus Agenda. An uneasy alliance forms, as Alec and the Rebellion team up to confront her, and put an end to the madness. But once this is done, he has some unfinished business to conclude..."

I found this story concept on BSN, written by user named SalMasRac. Guys, do you think it would be better than original story? Or it would be yet another problem with Cerberus?

View user profile
The biggest problem with it is that Cerberus is innately stupid, short-sighted, self-destructive, and filled to the gillies with the scum of humanity. For them to take such a long-sighted gamble which doesn't have a 'guaranteed' chance of succeeding is out-of-character for them.

View user profile
loreface.png

View user profile
If anyone is interested: https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

Original StarCraft + BroodWar dlc is free to download. You don't need Battle.net account. In addition to that it has patch 1.18 included, which means it's compatible with Windows 7/8.1/10

View user profile
Gog just completed their Saints Row collection with Saints Row IV: Game of the Century and Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell.
They are having a sale, with some other games, here: https://www.gog.com/promo/20170420_special_promo_deep_silver

SR3 and SR Gat are $3.75. SR4 is $5. The two Metro Redux...es? Reducies? well, 2033 and Last Light are $5
What about SR2? It's FREE until Saturday, April 22, 10 AM UTC. https://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_2

If you already own Saints Row games on Steam, you can redeem them via Gog Connect https://www.gog.com/connect until Thursday, April 27, 10 AM UTC.

View user profile
Wait, wait. MS issued a patch to check cpuid and refuse updates if it matches certain strings!?

That whole latest CPUs (Intel Kaby Lake and later, AMD Bristol Ridge and later) won't work on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 is because of MS patching in the obsolescence!?! WTF!?! I thought it was just... I don't know what but... I'm sorry, my brain just doesn't work that evilly.

Apparently there's a workaround https://github.com/zeffy/kb4012218-19

Frell MS and their many, many attempts, of various ways, to force upgrades. Maybe if they didn't make an OS that breaks backward compatibility after touting it for decades. Maybe if it wasn't even more spyware and DRM* than previous offerings. Maybe if it didn't force updates and reboots* regardless of what you're doing, potentially -- no, probably -- destroying unsaved data or workflow (that render you were doing; lol good joke) or whatever.

*DRM == Digital Restrictions Management. In Win10's case for when your computer isn't really your computer, but you're just allowed its use when MS deems acceptable; whoops update time, too bad if you were doing something important, we (MS) are much more important.

That was a bit ranty; I feel better now, somewhat.

BEGIN EDIT
Looking at a past article, and applying it to x86/x86_64, "Windows 7 was designed nearly 10 years ago before any x86/x64 SOCs existed." uh, huh...

"For Windows 7 to run on any modern silicon, device drivers and firmware need to emulate Windows 7’s expectations for interrupt processing, bus support, and power states- which is challenging for WiFi, graphics, security, and more." ... you mean they need to be x86/x86_64 compatible, like anything that's x86/x86_64 compatible, so no change what so ever...?

Seriously, SoC, System-on-Chip, it's like a cpu/gpu/network all on one chip... if you're using existing wifi or ethernet chipsets that already have drivers, it'll just work (same with gpu and any cpu that conforms to x86/x86_64 spec will work). If they're saying they won't make driver updates through Windows Update because they've ended support... Welcome to Win9x/2000 where you had to manually get drivers for stuff (assuming the manufacturer of the device will support Win7, assuming MS will allow them due to contracts; Frell MS).

"As partners make customizations to legacy device drivers, services, and firmware settings, customers are likely to see regressions with Windows 7 ongoing servicing." That's a very nice OS of ours you have there. We made a newer, better one, which you should upgrade to... It'd be a shame if something bad happened to you current one, you should protect it by upgrading. (All said while one of the speaker's goons is already installing the new one for you. So what if he frells it up in some way? You don't matter.)

So many lies... So much sabotage (effectively)...

Some more rant/info dump, and I feel better still.
END EDIT

View user profile
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/10/mass-effect-series-on-hold-according-to-report

Bioware Montreal has been gutted in typical EA fashion. We won't be seeing much of anything from Mass Effect for sometime. Looks like the A crew (who worked on previous ME games) is working on Bioware's new IP, and I wouldn't be surprised if EA wants them on the next ME once their new IP is released. I'm betting we won't hear anything for another 3-4 years.

I'm guessing there won't be any Andromeda DLC, which could explain the exclusion of a season pass.

View user profile
Well battlefront 2 is also not going to have a season pass maybe EA is learning? not that I am against season passes it is just in terms of multiplayer focused games as it splits the communities.

View user profile
I still hope we get to see the quarian ark. I mean it's not like publishers cancel DLC just because the game got bad reviews. Just look at DA2, or Lords of Shadow 2, or Ride to Hell: Retribution.

View user profile
To be honest I don't care about ME franchise anymore somehow. I love original ME trilogy (yes, even I managed to make ME 3 work with mods). It's sad to hear though. All I wish right now is next DA game (could be the last one) to happen. I want to see DA in Tevinter dammit! Biover pls.

At least Shepard made cameo in Andromeda Wink

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum