Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:41 pm by Onyx Aurelius

» Turn 11-1069
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:51 am by Onyx Aurelius

» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

See all they need to do is make it so Shepard and the whole cast of ME2 all came along on the quarian ark, for reasons. This will save the franchise.

View user profile
Oh wow, apparently Netflix is making a Witcher Tv series, the studio that did the CGI trailers for the games just confirmed they started production. Twitter Link

View user profile
Maybe they'll do the special effects? I doubt it'll be a CGI show.

There's also a "Star Trek" series coming out in the fall. I'm kinda impressed with the makeup for what it is. Hopefully it's not all for the pilot :/

View user profile
^looks good, here's hoping they don't cancel it after only 12 episodes

View user profile
Galaxy Quest: The TV show? Seems in the same mold, we'll see if it celebrates Trek rather then simply makes fun of it.

View user profile
So the new Mario RPG is looking pretty good!

View user profile
Absolutely beautiful collection of pictures from SW The Last Jedi LINK
This one is my favourite

View user profile
Lore: Having an E3 conference only to showcase 3 new games is a huge waste of money.
Devolver Digital: Hold my beer.

View user profile

Oh wow this looks awesome.

View user profile
Ok. My mind is blown.

View user profile
Found a 2-minute short film with some actual swordplay in it (as compared to Game of Thrones or movies).  It's sad to see just how unskilled they are in our favorite programs compared to these two.

View user profile
So Star Fox 2 is getting released after a slight delay of 22 years. Who saw that coming?

View user profile
Good news. A bunch of people from the Twitch affiliate program just got a subscribe button on their stream - Lore included!

View user profile
And I can subscribe easly with paysafecard! Very Happy so sod off Amazon Prime. You are not available in my country.

Also I have a bad news guys. There is a rumour that all dlcs for Andromeda has been cancelled.

http://www.criticalhit.net/entertainment/rumour-mass-effect-andromedas-story-dlc-cancelled/

EDIT: Sorry, false alarm. This theory has been debunked. Someone put a lot of effort to fake this, fake adress, fake FB fan page, fake phone number and whole company was made up.

View user profile
Well according to Kotaku their sources confirmed there's no DLC, so the hoax was more like a good guess.

View user profile
In case you don't know about this yet, there is a new excellent documentary series about Final Fantasy XIV. It goes into why the original 1.0 was such a massive failure and how Square managed to turn that around to create the second most succesful subscription based MMO. It's written by Gamespot's Danny O'Dwyer and features developer interviews. Very much worth watching!

View user profile
Good morning, everyone! Wanted to let you guys (and gals) know that I've made a Metal Gear tribute music video (it's the series' 30th anniversary). If you like the band Nightwish or similar artists, maybe you'll enjoy this. It does contain SPOILERS, of course.

View user profile
Been going through Star Trek TNG, think I'll be switching over to Babylon 5. Just not enough direct confrontation for my liking, in fact their Prime Directive discourages it, which is discouraging. I've gotten as far as episode 4 of of season 2, past episode 24 of season 1 (here come the nightmares, oh boy). I was wondering if there was a normal-speed version of Comic's lecture to Data somewhere out there.

Data is awesome.

Whoopi Goldberg does not seem to fit into the cast for a scifi franchise like Star Trek. What's Guinan's job? She made a souffle once, don't they have replicators for that? What are her flaws? Does she go through an arc of her own? Is she the font of folk wisdom anyone can visit to resolve all their personal issues? She should have Troi's job, and even Troi goes to her for advice at some point. There's something about that character role that I detest, that not just the protagonist visits, but EVERYONE visits at some point or another, and the person filling that character role can just talk away their anxiety, fear, frustration, whatever it is, and has nothing else to contribute before or after or in between, and has no moments of human weakness (which in itself makes it anathema to Star Trek's premise).

View user profile
Season 3 is where TNG picks up.  There are hardly any good episodes in the first two--Measure of a Man and Q Who? are about the only two that are enjoyable to watch.

Pen Pals I believe is the name of the episode that makes you question continuing on.  Yeah, I remember that one myself with its really dumb 'debate' on the Prime Directive.  The PD in the TNG era is great to excuse the moral cowardice on display by Starfleet when it comes to pre-warp civilizations facing annihilation from natural disasters or other external calamities they couldn't have seen coming or prepare for.

As for Guinen, she is the bartender.  That's it.  She doesn't have a character arc--hardly anyone does.  Everyone going to her for advice is because she is a really old telepathic/empathic alien that has lots of experience helping people resolve their issues.  Troi going to her is just another sign of her incompetence at her one and only job on the ship.  The bigger question is "Why does the future of 'perfect' humans who don't feel grief need a consoler on a Starfleet ship to sit at the left hand of the Captain on the bridge?"

View user profile
That seems to be Whoopi's schtick, barring movies like Rat Race. I think I've grown tired of it. Morgan Freeman tends to get away with it by playing roles that are more involved in one or more events of a story.

SilverDragonRed wrote:The bigger question is "Why does the future of 'perfect' humans who don't feel grief need a consoler on a Starfleet ship to sit at the left hand of the Captain on the bridge?"
For aliens who do, I assume. They actually don't feel grief? That emotion is intrinsic to the concern for loss of someone dear to one, and to that moment the loss becomes reality. Are we to assume that the Kubler-Ross model has been rendered obsolete? They still feel angry when people die unnecessarily, and when people close to them die. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

View user profile
It was something with Gene Roddenberry: "Humans in the 24th Century no longer grieve for their loved ones. They've evolved past it."

View user profile
SilverDragonRed wrote:It was something with Gene Roddenberry: "Humans in the 24th Century no longer grieve for their loved ones.  They've evolved past it."

Except in Generations Picard has trouble functioning and actually ends up breaking down after learning his brother and nephew have burned to death. So much for evolved sensibilities, eh?

View user profile
just figured I'll post this I found it rather interested.... heard the same thing about ubisoft in the past.

View user profile
SilverDragonRed wrote:It was something with Gene Roddenberry: "Humans in the 24th Century no longer grieve for their loved ones.  They've evolved past it."
I'm going to assume they later ditched that tidbit of lore, because the idea that people will lose the impulse and desire to weep for those who are dying, or have died, is a pale echo and a warning sign of a dystopia. If I heard someone say that no one ever grieves anymore, I wouldn't believe it for a second.

Very troubling, Zero. Hope the attention this video throws up gets a clear message to CD Projekt Red.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum