» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 39 of 41]

951 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:47 pm

It's five meters per story...so, 50 meters. Damn. For intentionally falling, knock off 2m per dot in Acrobatics. Cannot test Acrobatics to reduce wounds from falling if you don't have any dots in the skill.

Without any dots in Acrobatics, it's 25 wounds. You're pretty much Elijah Prince at this point, unless you have some demon powers that can help you, or unless you burn a Hero Point.

I think because of the whole not-responding coupled with Jax apparently having left the security station to do what he did just now, I think we can give you a pass. I wanna say make an Athletics check to grab onto the ledge of a roof as you fall, or fall onto it or a roof below for a few wounds and roll for location.

View user profile

952 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:50 pm

The max possible would be 35 damage...only 7 levels.

View user profile

953 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:02 am

Well, he'd reduce the damage somewhat because demon powers, but I dunno what to do otherwise.  Test Acrobatics then, Dragoon?

View user profile

954 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:50 am

You can use a Hero Point for a Healing Surge while you're falling.

View user profile

955 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Yay, one hitpoint X3

View user profile

956 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:11 pm

How much Essence do you have left? Cause you could use at least 4 of them to bring your Health above that that would be taken by the fall.

View user profile

957 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:37 am

Oh, I have enough time for that during the fall?  I have six essence, I do believe.  I guess I'll do that in that case.

View user profile

958 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Sorry for double post, but Christ, I have no luck today.  So, how badly did I screw myself with this?

View user profile

959 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Regained Essence you have rolled to get back, in my opinion, cannot be used again for the rest of the "scene". I know that leaves the rest of us on CPR duty as-is, but I think we can deal with that.

Thankfully, Essence Eruptions are Free Action, so you've gained 3 Essence at the cost of Consciousness. Yay.

Do you have Arcanoi? First Power in Arcanoi:

"Daemonic - Daemonhosts reduce damage they take from every source by an amount equal to their Constitution plus their Arcanoi except for damage inflicted by magical effects or silver weapons."

Fall damage is not critical, magical, or silver. I am not sure if that applies if you don't declare usage, or if you have to spend Essence to use it. But because of the circumstances, if you were asking me, I would allow a one-time retroactive application of the Power, at the cost of one successful Essence roll (no damage).

View user profile

960 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 pm

As I said, I get the Essence whether I succeed or not, says so in the book.  Also, yes, I have a point of Arcanoi, so I get the Daemonic trait, which is a flat reduction that requires nothing on my part.  Also, if Dragoon decides the same, I suppose I'll just have to laugh as you guys try to cart my half ton ass around XD

View user profile

961 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:06 am

Nuh-uh. TiM's carrying you. Razz Actually, because you're the same size, he might need some help. lol

I can Shift again to scout ahead in wolf form if you want me to. I'll probably have to just to sniff out Predator so that he doesn't ambush us again. Wolf = +1k1 Perception and +2 Dex.

My spirit friend interceded on my behalf to talk to the natives. If we can have it inform them of what's happening, they may help us. Depends on whether Shade of Solace can convince them.

View user profile

962 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:01 am

After reviewing the evidence and docking the damage reduction I've reached the conclusion that it doesn't do enough to ultimately prevent Argus' faint. Sucks to be whomever has to try and carry him.

View user profile

963 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Same size?  HAHAHAHAHA!  Okay, yeah, let's go with that.  And oh well, time to pass out >w<

View user profile

964 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:54 am

So...I revisited 3.6. As a goliath, Argus is almost 10ft tall (good ol' 'merican perspective). And over 600lbs. I don't think TiM's exosuit is that tall or fat.

@SDR
If TiM can't sprint faster in one round than he can Blink fettered, I concede.

View user profile

965 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:07 am

According to my spreadsheet (if it is at all accurate) then Tin Man should be able to sprint 42 meters in 6 seconds, barely faster than a Blink.

View user profile

966 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 pm

I wanna say we let TiM take time to lift the goliath, or I assume the lifting part covered 600lbs. In addition, he is inside an exosuit. That could reduce difficulty, if it really matters.

View user profile

967 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:25 am

I take it I have the approval of at least 2/3 of the group of conscious characters present. I'll be depending on TiM for directions to the reactor so that I can scout ahead in the right direction. TiM will be Blinking to cover distance quickly. Need to get to know that guy...

View user profile

968 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 am

XD Think you may be overestimating TiM a tad: they won't be doing much sprinting while lumbering around with Argus. The pilot has a love affair with their personal physique and musculature, but they aren't THAT strong.. not yet, anyway! Smile

I am, however, really impressed with their top speed while fully armored.. to think that, if presses and on a completely clear runway, TiM can outpace their own biotic charge.. I REALLY should have given them the BloodBowl sword art style (freight train long range shoulder tackle power).. just really loved the idea of someone using martial arts in a suit of effing power armor XD

To reiterate: I do not believe TiM at all capable of actually Blinking while hoisting Argus; they may TRY, but at an instant fail, just for RP purposes, like if they come across disruptive terrain.

View user profile

969 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:48 am

SDR: As a reference, if one were to look upon Tin Man and Argus at a distance, it would look as though a kid in a shiny costume was stuck right in the middle of an unsuccessful hip throw against a very burly adult, and is left dragging their legs across the ground behind them as they laboriously trudge forward, thankfully with enough of the man's upper body mass supported over their back.

Hip Throw:

Argus really is a huge dude, I'm honestly surprised that Yautja lived long enough to flee. It's no wonder he's probably the only team member Tin Man would not be confident in taking down in a standup fight.

EDIT: Second Reference - 12 foot shark man vs human comparison:

Now factor in that Tin Man in armor is only about 3~ish feet taller than Flash there.

View user profile

970 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:08 pm

Yeah, Argus is massive, and not just in terms of height.  And to think he's only gonna get bigger when he hits the second tier of Arcanoi owo

View user profile

971 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Hmm. I concede that trying to Blink with another person piggybacking (literally) off the spell would probably require more skill and concentration.

Is that a Street Shark??

View user profile

972 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:34 pm

Looks like one, doesn't it?

View user profile

973 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:42 pm

@TiM Power of the mind vs physical. Damage from one can be mitigated by Aura, damage from the other cannot.

I couldn't find that ability in the sourcebooks provided...

View user profile

974 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 pm

You mean Arcanoi?  It's the daemonhost power stat.

View user profile

975 Re: Setup for SilverDragonRed's Game on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Biotic Charge.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum