» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1 Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Guys, I was wondering something. Thinking of doing something as a contingent of sorts in the event that his YT is shut down. Maybe, like, downloading his videos and uploading to an Archengeia Archive of sorts? I know my idea is a little rough around the edges but I think this may be a good idea. I mean, I don't want Archengeia's knowledge, personality and insight to be forgotten. I speak only for myself when I say Archengeia bought a whole new level of depth and scope to video games. And I think his videos are worth saving for that alone. Plus, with all that's going on right now. You never know.

This thread's theme

Last edited by Vermaeus on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Vermaeus wrote:Guys, I was wondering something. Thinking of doing something as a contingent of sorts in the event that his YT is shut down. Maybe, like, downloading his videos and uploading to an Archengeia Archive of sorts? I know my idea is a little rough around the edges but I think this may be a good idea. I mean, I don't want Archengeia's knowledge, personality and insight to be forgotten. I speak only for myself when I say Archengeia bought a whole new level of depth and scope to video games. And I think his videos are worth saving for that alone. Plus, with all that's going on right now. You never know.

I thought about this too, however I don't have the space on my comp to get them all.

View user profile

3 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:09 pm

SnatchyCactus wrote:
Vermaeus wrote:Guys, I was wondering something. Thinking of doing something as a contingent of sorts in the event that his YT is shut down. Maybe, like, downloading his videos and uploading to an Archengeia Archive of sorts? I know my idea is a little rough around the edges but I think this may be a good idea. I mean, I don't want Archengeia's knowledge, personality and insight to be forgotten. I speak only for myself when I say Archengeia bought a whole new level of depth and scope to video games. And I think his videos are worth saving for that alone. Plus, with all that's going on right now. You never know.

I thought about this too, however I don't have the space on my comp to get them all.  

Perhaps if we had more people...we could assign "sections" of videos people save. An attempt to elaborate: Archengeia has about 127 Rumination videos. A handful of people could save 30 videos each. And sort of repeat that barebones structure for the remainder of his videos. If anyone can offer up some refinement, please feel free. I know this seems like a massive undertaking but this is so Archengeia's knowledge lives on in the events he has to shut down his Youtube.

View user profile

4 My progress on the Archengeia Archive on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:29 pm

UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Old Rumination Intro" and saved Archengeia's FFVI series of Ruminations[Reflective, Further Reflection]. Going to start saving the final part in the series: The core "Rumination".
(8/26/2015 at 1:27pm)
UPDATE: Downloading Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Final Fantasy VI". 1GB file. May take awhile. Time left keeps fluctuating. Ugh. (1:30pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumintion Analysis on Final Fantasy VI". Going to get started on saving his "Suikoden 2 Rumination Analysis" series. (1:52pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Suikoden 2" series. Am going to get started on saving "Rumination Analysis on the Mario Kart series" (2:09pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on the Mario Kart" series and am going to save Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Minecraft". (2:17pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Minecraft". Am taking a break from the Rumination series to focus on lesser playlists: Starting with "Archengeia's Theater"[3 videos]. (2:31pm)
UPDATE: Saved "Archengeia's Theater" playlist. Am going to save Archengeia's "What To Pay" playlist[14 videos]. (3:10pm)
UPDATE: Preservation of Archengeia's "What To Play" playlist at 50%[7/14 videos]. (3:17pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "What To Pay" playlist. Phew. Moving on to save Archengeia's "Then and Now" playlist[8 videos]. (3:55pm)
UPDATE: Preservation of Archengeia's "Then and Now" playlist at 50%. Currently am in the midst of saving "Then and Now: Earthbound" which is a 5 hours long video, [Holy shit.] 5GB file. (4:42pm)
UPDATE: "Then and Now: Earthbound" has been saved. Preservation of Archengeia's "Then and Now" playlist is currently at [5/8 videos saved] am going to take a break from "Then and Now" to work on preserving Archengeia's "Starcraft" playlist [2 videos]. (5:40pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Starcraft" playlist. Moving to perserve Archengeia's "E3 2015" playlist[4 videos]. (7:02pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "E3 2015" playlist. Going back to finish Archengeia's "Then and Now" playlist. (8:25pm)

Last edited by Vermaeus on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:25 pm; edited 19 times in total

View user profile

5 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:32 pm

I too would like to volunteer my processors in aid of archiving our (fallen?) empire. Would a cloud storage site like Google Drive be a good place to keep them for public access?

View user profile

6 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:33 pm

LittleBilly wrote:I too would like to volunteer my processors in aid of archiving our (fallen?) empire. Would a cloud storage site like Google Drive be a good place to keep them for public access?

I'll have to do a little research on Google Drive as I've never heard of it. I was thinking Youtube, though.

EDIT: I think I'm going to say negative to Google Drive. Your only limited to 15GB and FFVI's Rumination is 1GB on it's own.

View user profile

7 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:46 pm

I have about four terabytes sorry, THREE terabytes (one of my drives is full of games, though I could uninstall some to help accomodate videos) that I could lend toward this project. In addition, I've got a rather good internet connection (for Comcast, at least) to help with this task. I can get a second channel going on YouTube immediately if you guys want, so we have the videos in an easily accessible location. Could take me some time to fully finish this, though, so I ask that you please be patient.

Last edited by TheLastSamurai14 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

8 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:48 pm

TheLastSamurai14 wrote:I have about four terabytes sorry, THREE terabytes (one of my drives is full of games, though I could uninstall some to help accomodate videos) that I could lend toward this project. In addition, I've got a rather good internet connection (for Comcast, at least) to help with this task. I can get a second channel going on YouTube immediately if you guys want, so we have the videos in an easily accessible location. Could take me some time to fully finish this, though, so I ask that you please be patient.

Hey, Samurai! Yeah, we'll take all the help we can get. Good news is that I saved his FFVI Series of videos. Sadly, I got word that Arch's twitch was closed or something, so...I think right now We should start on saving his ruminations. Would help if you posted what Rumination your going to save ahead of time so others don't waste their time.

View user profile

9 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:52 pm

Vermaeus wrote:Hey, Samurai! Yeah, we'll take all the help we can get. Good news is that I saved his FFVI Series of videos. Sadly, I got word that Arch's twitch was closed or something, so...I think right now We should start on saving his ruminations. Would help if you posted what Rumination your going to save ahead of time so others don't waste their time.

Sure, Vermaeus, but I've actually thought of a good idea to help expedite this process. Does anyone have a good amount of free hard drive space/a decent internet connection to help me out with this? I'd be willing to PM you the account info so you can coordinate with me on who would upload what. I'd be keeping local backups regardless should anything go wrong, but it's always nice to have some help.

Also, his Twitch doesn't seem to be closed for me. Perhaps you were mistaken?

View user profile

10 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:54 pm

It looks like the twitch closing was just a false alarm, although that doesn't mean that it won't still happen in the future.

View user profile

11 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:54 pm

TheLastSamurai14 wrote:
Vermaeus wrote:Hey, Samurai! Yeah, we'll take all the help we can get. Good news is that I saved his FFVI Series of videos. Sadly, I got word that Arch's twitch was closed or something, so...I think right now We should start on saving his ruminations. Would help if you posted what Rumination your going to save ahead of time so others don't waste their time.

Sure, Vermaeus, but I've actually thought of a good idea to help expedite this process. Does anyone have a good amount of free hard drive space/a decent internet connection to help me out with this? I'd be willing to PM you the account info so you can coordinate with me on who would upload what. I'd be keeping local backups regardless should anything go wrong, but it's always nice to have some help.

Also, his Twitch doesn't seem to be closed for me. Perhaps you were mistaken?

I might have been. Whoever told me must of visited "Lorerunner" instead of "Archengeia" and i panicked. I've got both a good internet connection and hard drive space so PM me with your plan please.

View user profile

12 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:56 pm

LittleBilly wrote:It looks like the twitch closing was just a false alarm, although that doesn't mean that it won't still happen in the future.

I've never heard of such false alarms before. Huh. Looks like this project just gained a sense of urgency.

View user profile

13 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Absolutely, LittleBilly. We don't know what could happen to either Twitch or YouTube, which is why I'm starting on this project as soon as I'm home from work.

Vermaeus wrote:I've got both a good internet connection and hard drive space so PM me with your plan please.

Will do. I don't have things finalized just yet, but I should in a couple of hours.

View user profile

14 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:58 pm

TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Absolutely, LittleBilly. We don't know what could happen to either Twitch or YouTube, which is why I'm starting on this project as soon as I'm home from work.

Vermaeus wrote:I've got both a good internet connection and hard drive space so PM me with your plan please.

Will do. I don't have things finalized just yet, but I should in a couple of hours.

Take your time, Samurai. I've got alot of time on my hands right now so in the meantime I'll continue to save Arch's videos. If you'd like to track progress there is UPDATE post on the first page.

View user profile

15 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:06 pm

I have two terabytes that are free and a good Internet connection with no data cap. Just give me the instructions through a PM if you want my help.

View user profile

16 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Zeiss wrote:I have two terabytes that are free and a good Internet connection with no data cap. Just give me the instructions through a PM if you want my help.
Just PM'ed you.

View user profile

17 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanks, guys. I'm in the process of segmenting the content so we can get it done in the most efficient manner possible. I'll PM each of you with the new account's info here in a bit, and let you know what you need to backup.

View user profile

18 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:40 pm

Do we have what we need to rip both audio and video? And for such lengths as the loreruns and marathons?

View user profile

19 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:43 pm

LittleBilly wrote:Do we have what we need to rip both audio and video? And for such lengths as the loreruns and marathons?

I've been using this: http://www.clipconverter.cc/
It's an online converter and it works perfectly. It dowloaded Arch's FFVI Rumination (3hours) with no problems.

View user profile

20 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Vermaeus wrote:UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Old Rumination Intro" and saved Archengeia's FFVI series of Ruminations[Reflective, Further Reflection]. Going to start saving the final part in the series: The core "Rumination".
(8/26/2015 at 1:27pm)
UPDATE: Downloading Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Final Fantasy VI". 1GB file. May take awhile. Time left keeps fluctuating. Ugh. (1:30pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumintion Analysis on Final Fantasy VI". Going to get started on saving his "Suikoden 2 Rumination Analysis" series. (1:52pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Suikoden 2" series. Am going to get started on saving "Rumination Analysis on the Mario Kart series" (2:09pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on the Mario Kart" series and am going to save Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Minecraft". (2:17pm)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Rumination Analysis on Minecraft". Am taking a break from the Rumination series to focus on lesser playlists: Starting with "Archengeia's Theater"[3 videos]. (2:31pm)
UPDATE: Saved "Archengeia's Theater" playlist. Am going to save Archengeia's "What to pay" playlist[14 videos]. (3:10pm)

Refer here for UPDATES (First page, 4th post.)

Last edited by Vermaeus on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

21 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Samurai told me to save this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA_ZFCIpDAd9J6glffbG7im72nxJkbkza

I guess I won't save what you've already done? Are you planning to do anything else on that list?

View user profile

22 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Zeiss wrote:Samurai told me to save this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA_ZFCIpDAd9J6glffbG7im72nxJkbkza

I guess I won't save what you've already done? Are you planning to do anything else on that list?

I told him to stop and focus on the lesser stuff, letting you handle the Ruminations. As for me, I'll be working on the loreruns when I get home. Carry on.

View user profile

23 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Zeiss wrote:Samurai told me to save this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA_ZFCIpDAd9J6glffbG7im72nxJkbkza

I saved the FFVI series, The Suikoden 2 series, The Minecraft series, and the Mario Kart series when I was told you were handling to Ruminations. I was going to keep them incase anything went wrong. Samurai then directed me to saved the following Playlists: Then and Now E3 2015, Top 28, Backseat Runs, Archengeia Theatre, What To Pay as well as Starcraft stuff.

Here is a link to his playlists: https://www.youtube.com/user/Archengeia/playlists

Last edited by Vermaeus on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

24 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:14 pm

Understood.

View user profile

25 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Playlists of Archengeia's that I am in the midst of preserving

Then and Now is currently at 50% and rising
E3 2015 has yet to get started on
Top 28 has yet to get started on
Backseat Runs has yet to get started on
Archengeia Theatre has been entirely preserved
What To Pay has been entirely preserved
Starcraft has yet to get started on

For the record as it stands right now Zeiss is preserving the Ruminations and Samurai is preseving the Loreruns. If anyone else would like to help out this little project either shoot me a PM or Thelastsamurai14.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum