Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:54 pm

I'd advise you to choose a playlist that does not exist at the time and then work on and populate it until it is fully archived. I feel thats a very simple way of getting things to work without much interference with other people.

View user profile

127 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Just a note, if you're looking for more work, don't grab the Primus stuff. I'm planning on uploading that tonight after my D&D session.

View user profile

128 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Dragon Age, New Vegas, Kingdom Hearts, and Warcraft III/Frozen Throne loreruns are uploaded. Warcraft III Part 4 has been stuck on 0% processing for over 24 hours now; it may unstick itself, or I may have to contact YouTube support, or I may have to reupload it. We'll see.

Final Fantasy is in a bit of a bind, in that the videos that I downloaded in 1080p/1200p seem to have audio issues; skipping ahead to a different point in the video makes the audio cut out, regardless of the player used. The 720p versions are perfectly fine. Does anyone else have that problem? (FF3 part 1 is a nice short video with 1080/1200 resolution to test with, if you feel so inclined). I'll keep trying things - might upload and delete a test video at that res to see if it's just a local problem - but ultimately I may have to ask someone else to deal with the FF marathon.

In the meantime, I'll be uploading the Mass Effect lorerun.

View user profile

129 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:07 am

I'm saving the Final Fantasy loreruns at the moment, so I'll let you know if I run into similar issues. If not, I'll be happy to upload all of the FF loreruns in due time.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the following playlists have been assigned?

• Fallout Roleplay
  • Oblivion Roleplay
  • Startreck Voyager
  • Stuff & Things
  • Top 28
  • Xahnastma Related Things & Such
  • Stream Uploads

I'm ignoring the playlists that are designated for a particular series as they hold duplicate videos. (i.e: Legend of Zelda)

View user profile

130 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:06 am

I have fully uploaded the Explorations. Will now work on Oblivion Roleplay and later devise a way to find and list all the videos that are not listed in a playlist and perhaps assign them manually.

View user profile

131 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:16 am

Churenn wrote:I'm saving the Final Fantasy loreruns at the moment, so I'll let you know if I run into similar issues. If not, I'll be happy to upload all of the FF loreruns in due time.

Just out of curiosity, how many of the following playlists have been assigned?

• Fallout Roleplay
  • Oblivion Roleplay
  • Startreck Voyager
  • Stuff & Things
  • Top 28
  • Xahnastma Related Things & Such
  • Stream Uploads

I'm ignoring the playlists that are designated for a particular series as they hold duplicate videos. (i.e: Legend of Zelda)

I own the Roleplays and the Top 28 lists.

View user profile

132 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:35 pm

Diosjenin wrote:Dragon Age, New Vegas, Kingdom Hearts, and Warcraft III/Frozen Throne loreruns are uploaded.  Warcraft III Part 4 has been stuck on 0% processing for over 24 hours now; it may unstick itself, or I may have to contact YouTube support, or I may have to reupload it.  We'll see.

Final Fantasy is in a bit of a bind, in that the videos that I downloaded in 1080p/1200p seem to have audio issues; skipping ahead to a different point in the video makes the audio cut out, regardless of the player used.  The 720p versions are perfectly fine.  Does anyone else have that problem?  (FF3 part 1 is a nice short video with 1080/1200 resolution to test with, if you feel so inclined).  I'll keep trying things - might upload and delete a test video at that res to see if it's just a local problem - but ultimately I may have to ask someone else to deal with the FF marathon.

In the meantime, I'll be uploading the Mass Effect lorerun.

I downloaded the first few videos of the FF marathon last night, and Final Fantasy III, Part 1 1080p plays perfectly for me. Were you able to resolve the problem?

View user profile

133 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:44 pm

Diosjenin wrote:Final Fantasy is in a bit of a bind, in that the videos that I downloaded in 1080p/1200p seem to have audio issues; skipping ahead to a different point in the video makes the audio cut out, regardless of the player used.  The 720p versions are perfectly fine.  Does anyone else have that problem?  (FF3 part 1 is a nice short video with 1080/1200 resolution to test with, if you feel so inclined).

FF3 Part 1 1920x1200 works fine here in vlc-2.2.1. I used youtube-dl to download it, which had ffmpeg mux the 1200p video file and 256k aac audio file together.

View user profile

134 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:16 am

*Deleted*

Last edited by brotherBox on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misleading post)

View user profile

135 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Many of those videos can be found in the playlist "Stuff and Things", if I remember correctly. You'll probably find a lot of what you're looking for in there.

View user profile

136 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:19 pm

TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Many of those videos can be found in the playlist "Stuff and Things", if I remember correctly. You'll probably find a lot of what you're looking for in there.

You are right. So much so that all the videos I considered to not be in a playlist are in fact in Stuff & Things. Seems like I forgot to take that one into account.

My post can thus be discarded.

View user profile

137 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Sorry about the delay; RL has been keeping me busy.

Re-installed the program I used to grab videos, and the Warcraft III video that was getting corrupted is fine now, so no help needed there.  Re-uploaded the entire Warcraft/Frozen Throne series so as to keep them uploaded in series order.

Will be trying to re-DL the FF videos that have also been getting corrupted for me.  In the meantime, I'll be uploading the Top 30/28/whatever series.

Two questions:

1) I see that someone is putting up rips of the Twitch streams that Arch has been doing this last week, despite the fact that those haven't been put on the official Youtube channel.  Who's doing that, and why?  I'm not going to sit here and rage against it, but if Arch doesn't want it archived badly enough himself to put it on the real channel, I don't necessarily see the point of forcing it somewhere else.

2) I also see that someone is putting up the Oblivion roleplay.  Who's been doing that, and do you want me to take over?  I don't mind at all, but I did "claim" the Oblivion and Fallout 3 roleplays a while back, so I've been expecting to do those myself, and I'm still more than willing to handle them if whoever else doesn't want to deal with the time/bandwidth...

Last edited by Diosjenin on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

138 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Actually the "Best Games Ever Review" series is already up on Youtube it just hasn't gone live yet. For those curious. It'll probably go live once I'm done with it but I've been careful to get it on Youtube pronto just in case Twitch pulls a Twitch on me again like they've done with everything else I've ever streamed.

139 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Ah, good to know. Strike question 1.

View user profile

140 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Diosjenin wrote:

2) I also see that someone is putting up the Oblivion roleplay.  Who's been doing that, and do you want me to take over?  I don't mind at all, but I did "claim" the Oblivion and Fallout 3 roleplays a while back, so I've been expecting to do those myself, and I'm still more than willing to handle them if whoever else doesn't want to deal with the time/bandwidth...

That would be me. I have no problem uploading them, but I have no problem uploading anything else either. My scripts do things for me anyway Wink

They are very large though. At the moment I am not uploading the Oblivion Roleplays, so if you like you can take them over. Just start at Video 11 in the playlist and mind the quality and thumbnails and stuff.

For linux people and all technically minded windows users, I offer the scripts that I use on request.

View user profile

141 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 am

Got the Top 28/30/whatever series and the remainder of the Oblivion roleplay uploaded.

I still haven't been able to get the 1200p Final Fantasy videos downloaded correctly, and I won't be able to try again until at least Sunday (death in the family will be taking me away from home for a few days). If anyone else wants to tackle the FF marathon in my absence, now would be an opportune time to do so; if not, I'll start trying again when I get back.

View user profile

142 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:57 pm

Diosjenin wrote:Got the Top 28/30/whatever series and the remainder of the Oblivion roleplay uploaded.

I still haven't been able to get the 1200p Final Fantasy videos downloaded correctly, and I won't be able to try again until at least Sunday (death in the family will be taking me away from home for a few days). If anyone else wants to tackle the FF marathon in my absence, now would be an opportune time to do so; if not, I'll start trying again when I get back.

I'll take it over.

View user profile

143 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:30 pm

So, although I'm backup strats (and don't seem to be needed), I thought I'd post an update on my status.

I've got every public video as of 2015-09-20 (which is still current as of 2015-09-22) and the Rogue Planet 8 video, which is still unlisted (linked on Patreon). I've also got all of the metadata youtube-dl can get (thumbnail, description, annotations, info.json).
Rogue Planet 7 seems to be gone (ERROR: YouTube said: This video does not exist.) and I don't think I still have it (a quick 'find' confirms it).

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum