» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Just do mp4 and m4a. If some videos don't support webm, then it's best to keep things consistent for archival purposes regardless of YouTube, I think. If you have any opposing thoughts, go right ahead and let me know.

View user profile

52 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:57 pm

TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Just do mp4 and m4a. If some videos don't support webm, then it's best to keep things consistent for archival purposes regardless of YouTube, I think. If you have any opposing thoughts, go right ahead and let me know.

I tend to agree. I'll get mp4 video at the highest resolution that exists (and 60fps if that exists) and m4a audio (aac) at the highest bit rate. (youtube-dl can do it with the -f option, just need to craft the correct one line)

View user profile

53 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Good thing you guys can do this sort of thing. My computer has 500gb (8gb remaining) and my Internet Bandwidth is only, 180gb a month, which I use to think was a lot considering the days of Floppy Disks, but man, lol.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

54 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:08 pm

BoWmEn wrote:Good thing you guys can do this sort of thing. My computer has 500gb (8gb remaining) and my Internet Bandwidth is only, 180gb a month, which I use to think was a lot considering the days of Floppy Disks, but man, lol.

Yeah, I don't think any one person can do this. So instead we've assigned people playlists to download instead. Less of a burden.

View user profile

55 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Thank you so much for doing this guys. It is a real danger that Arch's YouTube account may end up disappearing, and to lose everything that he's worked such a long time on would be devastating.

I don't have much space on my computer either so I can't offer my assistance, but you have my gratitude.

View user profile

56 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Theodoricos wrote:Thank you so much for doing this guys. It is a real danger that Arch's YouTube account may end up disappearing, and to lose everything that he's worked such a long time on would be devastating.

I don't have much space on my computer either so I can't offer my assistance, but you have my gratitude.

Alot of us feel the same. We don't want Arch's knowledge and insight to just go away pitifully. We are all making a concerted effort to save the "essence" of Archengeia for others who may have missed him and for all of us as well. Hell, Maybe even for Arch himself as one hell of a way to show love to the man. To let him know people wish for him to live forever.

EDIT: Also, if you'd like to track progress refer to the 4th post on the 1st page. That's just the progress that I, MYSELF am making. I'm not alone here.

View user profile

57 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:31 pm

edit: (while trying to see how much disk space is required, I found I had to update the string)

TheLastSamurai14 (or anyone using youtube-dl)

Code:
youtube-dl -f 299+141/299+140/298+141/298+140/264+141/264+140/137+141/137+140/136+141/136+140/135+141/135+140/134+141/134+140/22/18 <url>

That will try to get the highest resolution mp4 video and highest bit rate m4a audio (with preference for 60 fps video over audio bit rate and 1200p (1920x1200 FF marathon vids)), and shouldn't error out on any url (you'll need ffmpeg, see my previous post).

youtube-dl will download the video and audio files (with resume support) and use ffmpeg to merge the files.

youtube quality codes
Code:
299 = 1080p 60fps
298 = 720p 60fps
264 = 1200p 30fps (1920x1200)
137 = 1080p 30fps
136 = 720p 30fps
135 = 480p 30fps
134 = 360p 30fps
141 = 256k aac audio
140 = 128k aac audio
22 = 720p 30fps combined video and audio (without ffmpeg; old non-DASH youtube format)
18 = 360p 30fps combined video and audio (without ffmpeg; old non-DASH youtube format)

Last edited by lurker4701822 on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:34 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : more formats)

View user profile

58 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Current overall progress of the Archengeia Archive Project

Vermaeus [Me.]
Then and Now is currently at 50% and rising
E3 2015 has been entirely preserved
Top 28 has yet to get started on
Backseat Runs has yet to get started on
Archengeia Theatre has been entirely preserved
What To Pay has been entirely preserved
Starcraft has been entirely preserved

Zeiss is in charge of preserving the Ruminations. He has saved 26 out of 127 videos. [Hang in there, buddy!]

TheLastSamurai14 is the one in charge of preserving the Loreruns. He is getting started. [Good luck, man. That's alot of videos.]

If anyone else would like to help out this little project either shoot me a PM or Thelastsamurai14.

View user profile

59 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:41 pm

TheLastSamurai14:

So, I've got a script running that will output two files per youtube playlist (with the filenames being the playlist name). One has the titles of the videos, the second is the filenames of the videos (so one could load it into a media player). I'm also in the process of downloading all the videos on the channel that are public (917 currently).

a snippet of what it'll produce when run on youtube.com/user/Archengeia

Uploads from Lorerunner.txt
Code:
Lorerunner's Fallout 3 Roleplay Episode 23: Everything Is Wrong
Star Trek Voyager Ruminations: S5E05 Once Upon A Time
Uploads from Lorerunner.m3u
Code:
Lorerunner's Fallout 3 Roleplay Episode 23 - Everything Is Wrong-uKNe24SEiPo.mp4
Star Trek Voyager Ruminations - S5E05 Once Upon A Time-9OponeYimV8.mp4

View user profile

60 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Vermaeus wrote:UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "E3 2015" playlist. Going back to finish Archengeia's "Then and Now" playlist. (8:25pm)
It is 9:34pm and Archengeia's "Then and Now" playlist has been entirely preserved and I am done for the night. Tomorrow I will get started on saving Archengeia's "Backseat Run" playlist. Thank you Zeiss and TheLastSamurai14 for volunteering to help today. Keep up the good work.

View user profile

61 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Is there any real danger of Arch's channel going down? I understand that this is a very smart move but realistically there are a lot of channels on youtube that haven't uploaded videos in a long time and are still up. Or does youtube automatically terminate an account after x amount of time has passed?

View user profile

62 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:57 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:Is there any real danger of Arch's channel going down? I understand that this is a very smart move but realistically there are a lot of channels on youtube that haven't uploaded videos in a long time and are still up. Or does youtube automatically terminate an account after x amount of time has passed?

It is unlikely, but who knows what the future holds, might as well archive it. I mean, sfdebris' stuff is gone (for the moment), thanks to BBC and CBS youtube copyright strikes, and now, because of blip shutting down, but I have a local archive.

View user profile

63 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:15 am

Vermaeus wrote:TheLastSamurai14 is the one in charge of preserving the Loreruns. He is getting started. [Good luck, man. That's alot of videos.]

Soooo... as luck would have it, I already have many (most?) of the loreruns downloaded already, and have for a while.  I prefer to re-watch locally, rather than hog my own internet bandwidth.

I use a Firefox extension simply called Download YouTube Videos as MP4, which does what it says on the tin.  It can do 720p, which is the highest res Arch uploaded in anyway (1080p is impossible without involving ffmpeg due to technical reasons on YouTube's end).  I've only had to resort to a secondary program (4k Video Downloader) a few times, when the videos were large enough to make Firefox freak out - but that's also a viable option for all videos.  Easier than that command line going around this thread, anyway.

Stuff I have already downloaded:

* Dragon Age Origins, 2, Inquisition
* Final Fantasy 1-13 and the Chrono Trigger "finale"
* Kingdom Hearts, from way back in the day.  Not sure which games this covers, but I have all the videos
* KOTOR I, II, TOR
* Mass Effect 1-3
* Warcraft III, Frozen Throne
* The Bottom 5-6/Top 30 games of all time streams
* The Star Wars Ruminations

I also have a smattering of other ruminations/explorations/etc., but no other complete series or anything.

This is all on a 2x-redundant local drive pool, which still has just under 3TB free space.  I get 75Mbps down and have no data cap.  If anyone wants me to start archiving other things, let me know and I'll get started.

View user profile

64 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:33 am

Diosjenin wrote:Easier than that command line going around this thread, anyway.

I tried to make it as copy-paste as possible; the edit to my first post, replace <url> with youtube.com/user/Archengeia, and you'll eventually download all videos on his channel. You could also give it a playlist, or a single video. (Though, that "format to download" is a really long string)

View user profile

65 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:39 am

The only lorerun Dios was missing was New Vegas, so he's grabbing that. In the meantime, since I don't need to work on that, I'll grab the Primus Campaign stuff.

View user profile

66 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:45 am

lurker4701822 wrote:I tried to make it as copy-paste as possible; the edit to my first post, replace <url> with youtube.com/user/Archengeia, and you'll eventually download all videos on his channel. You could also give it a playlist, or a single video. (Though, that "format to download" is a really long string)

Oh, I'm well aware, and I do appreciate the work. Smile But there's not a command line in the world that's easier than clicking a button that says "hey go do a thing," heh.

So yeah, I'm grabbing New Vegas, and I'll get the Fallout 3 roleplay while I'm at it.

View user profile

67 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:54 am

Diosjenin wrote:But there's not a command line in the world that's easier than clicking a button that says "hey go do a thing," heh.

Want me to make a batch script that you can double left-click (I know, it's more than one click, but only by one)? Razz

edit: I also learned something about youtube-dl I didn't know. You can just give it an id and it'll download that youtube video.
e.g. uKNe24SEiPo for Fallout Roleplay Episode 23; or PLA_ZFCIpDAd-QfPilw8b5sTDFaawtPaQz for the Fallout Roleplay playlist.

View user profile

68 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:48 am

lurker4701822 wrote:
Diosjenin wrote:But there's not a command line in the world that's easier than clicking a button that says "hey go do a thing," heh.

Want me to make a batch script that you can double left-click (I know, it's more than one click, but only by one)? Razz

edit: I also learned something about youtube-dl I didn't know. You can just give it an id and it'll download that youtube video.
e.g. uKNe24SEiPo for Fallout Roleplay Episode 23; or PLA_ZFCIpDAd-QfPilw8b5sTDFaawtPaQz for the Fallout Roleplay playlist.

That's one of the cheekiest jokes I've ever heard.

Also, I figured it worked like that, anyway. Most YouTube-based programs these days support that function. Of course, having it work in a CLI is rather surprising, I think.

View user profile

69 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:43 am

TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Also, I figured it worked like that, anyway. Most YouTube-based programs these days support that function. Of course, having it work in a CLI is rather surprising, I think.
Well, youtube-dl doesn't only support youtube. It has 535 different extractors, including: twitch, cnn, washingtonpost, archiveorg, crunchyroll, bliptv (RIP).

While trying to figure out the total file size, I had to update my youtube-dl quick guide and my youtube formats posts, they should be 100% accurate now (but that's what I thought when I posted it).

Basically, I added a 1920x1200 format code that the FF marathon vids have (which might never be used, because of 1080p 60fps (1728x1080 which preserves the 1.6 aspect ratio of 1920x1200)). I also added non-DASH format codes (22 and 18) for "The Primes Trailer".

Based upon my youtube-dl formats, I came to a decent estimate of 1030.17 GiB or 1.01 TiB. To put that into perspective, TheLastSamurai14 previously mentioned that $130 to $200 for a 4TB drive was not that much. That drive would only hold 3 copies of Arch's videos (with about 750GB free, though).

Last edited by lurker4701822 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

70 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:51 am

lurker4701822 wrote:Basically, I added a 1920x1200 format code that the FF marathon vids have (which might never be used, because of 1080p 60fps (1728x1080 which preserves the 1.6 aspect ratio of 1920x1200)).

...oh look at that, the FF marathon vids came in 1080p, and I only have them in 720p. Or at least some of them came in 1080p.  whoops.

Looks like I'm going to have to queue up some stuff to DL while I'm at work tomorrow...  Mad

View user profile

71 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:56 am

The FF marathon's in 1080p?

...*redownloads*

Also, that's not nearly as much of a space concern as I was expecting. I'll probably pick up a 4TB drive on the cheap tomorrow and start backing up the whole library once I get it. Thank god for no data caps, or I'd be paying out the nose for all this...

View user profile

72 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:08 am

TheLastSamurai14 wrote:The FF marathon's in 1080p?

...*redownloads*

Also, that's not nearly as much of a space concern as I was expecting. I'll probably pick up a 4TB drive on the cheap tomorrow and start backing up the whole library once I get it. Thank god for no data caps, or I'd be paying out the nose for all this...

Not all of them, but some are. At least one of the earlier ones in the FF playlist came up in 4KDLer as 2K, which I assume are the 1200p videos that lurker refers to. That lack of consistency will make it super annoying.

And yeah, 1TB is a totally doable local capacity. Even if that's off by a factor of three, I can still hold everything on the disk space I already have.

View user profile

73 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:58 am

Looking at the Final Fantasy playlist. Of the FF Marathon vids:

There's the informational vids, those don't have high quality (1080p or 1200p).

There's the opening ceremony vid, that does have 1728x1080 60fps and 1920x1200 30fps.

Final Fantasy III: When Time Broke has only has 30fps (so, the updated youtube-dl format string will get the 1200p version)

Opening Event, Kefka Race and Final Fantasy have 1080p 60fps.

Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, and Final Fantasy IV: Part 1 and 2 only have 30fps (1728x1080 or 1920x1200).

Final Fantasy IV Part 4, and 5 claim to only have 20fps* (1728x1080 or 1920x1200). (the updated youtube-dl format string will get the 1200p version (20fps format codes are the same as the 30 fps ones))

Final Fantasy IV Part 6, claims 20fps with a max resolution of 1152x720

Final Fantasy V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X Part 1 are all 1152x720 (some 30fps, most 20fps (which counts as 30))

Final Fantasy X Part 2 and the rest, X-2, XII, XIII, and Chrono Trigger are all back at 1080p or 1200p (30fps or 20fps)

*Although, with the fps, I noticed some of the vp9 videos claimed 1fps, so, that 20 may not be accurate. The 60 should be, as it's a different format code.

Also, Diosjenin, I calculated that from the reported sizes of the files that would be downloaded, then I added 1000 MiB because the merged files were a bit bigger than simple addition, so, that seems like a maximum. If 720p FF Marathon vids are gotten for consistency, then that number will decrease. Although, it could go up a bit, if 1200p is preferred over 1080p 60fps.

View user profile

74 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:32 am

Good Morning, everyone. Welcome to Day 2 of the Archengeia Archive Project. Now I've received some news:

Thelastsamurai14 was in charge of downloading the Loreruns. However, though, Diosjenin mentioned he actually already had the bulk of the Loreruns downloaded. Good going, man. But he was missing Archengeia's "Fallout Roleplay" and "New Vegas Lorerun", which he has been working on as of last night. Thelastsamurai14 is now in charge of downloading the "The Primus Campaign videos".

I am also waiting on someone whom I PM'ed yesterday who was willing to help. Billy, if your lurking, check your PMs.

View user profile

75 Re: Creation of an "Archengeia Archive"? on Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:42 am

UPDATE: Moving to preserve Archengeia's "Backseat Runs" playlist[8 videos].
(8/27/2015 at 8:42am)
UPDATE: Preservation of Archengeia's "Backseat Runs" playlist at 50%. Part five is another five hour video. Oh, joyous joys. (9:30am)
UPDATE: Saved Archengeia's "Backseat Runs" playlist. Moving to creating a Youtube Account for the Archive and preserving Archengeia's "Top 28" playlist. (11:01am)

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum