Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was there ever a Rumination you wanted Arch to do?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

That he never did? I got to thinking that the whole reason I made a Youtube was to show my support to Archengeia and to ask if he had an opinion on doing a rumination on NGE or Xenogears. I just felt like that anime/game was MADE for thinkers like Arch and that he'd have a field day with them. It wasn't till a week a later that I found out about Arch's current dilemma. Which led me to join this Forum. Suffice it say, he never made a rumination on either, and hell, I don't even think he saw my comment Sad . Whelp, that's my story. What about you guys?

View user profile
Babylon 5. Which he was starting. Sad

View user profile
lurker4701822 wrote:Babylon 5. Which he was starting. Sad
He never finished? Damn...I feel your pain. Hell, at least he was starting on Babylon 5..

View user profile
nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile
DeutscheKind wrote:He started to record it, I believe the few days before this all happened, and it's somewhat in limbo if that series will ever be uploaded.

ANyhow, a series I really wanted him to tackle was actually something quite recent, World Trigger, as it uses actual squad based tactics and doesn't simply rely on one key figure without showing what the others can do as well. Especially in more recent chapters, where the main character has become more experienced, and thus narrowed the gap between himself and his goal. Something like this is what I'd love to hear his thoughts on because it's not like many shounen, where it's batshit crazy with power levels and what not. something I think he'd like, but he doesn't like anime in general.

Arch doesn't like anime? Really? Does he at least have a favorite? And i've never heard of World Trigger. Is it a video game or anime?

EDIT: It's an anime. Has to deal with beings from an "alternate dimension". Sounds interesting.

View user profile
Nope, he doesn't, and I couldn't recall what he said he liked. It was something so not me, that it never stayed in my memory, it was more like RAM. Also, World Trigger is a manga that has an anime adaptation(don't watch it, it's cut up very weirdly), and, in my personal opinion, it has the qualities to make a very long standing Manga and be very successful. Also, Shounen means it's generally an action anime/manga, it's a japanese word that refers to the age group and gender the manga/anime is made for, in this case young boys. That doesn't stop it from being awesome.

View user profile
DeutscheKind wrote:Nope, he doesn't, and I couldn't recall what he said he liked. It was something so not me, that it never stayed in my memory, it was more like RAM. Also, World Trigger is a manga that has an anime adaptation(don't watch it, it's cut up very weirdly), and, in my personal opinion, it has the qualities to make a very long standing Manga and be very successful. Also, Shounen means it's generally an action anime/manga, it's a japanese word that refers to the age group and gender the manga/anime is made for, in this case young boys. That doesn't stop it from being awesome.

Man! That sucks that Arch doesn't like anime. Still, I'd to believe he'd at least consider giving NGE a chance. Or maybe the Rebuilds, at the very least! I know what Shounen is and how awesome it can be. Isn't Yu Yu Hakusho considered a Shounen? YYH is one of my favorite animes. What's RAM, though?

View user profile
nope.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expunging.)

View user profile
DeutscheKind wrote:lol I was referring to Random Access Memory, and how it functions in computers. I'm somewhat of a tech person(still just as illiterate as I was when I started though).

Wow, I feel stupid on this forum sometimes. Is everyone here a teckky?

View user profile
I would've liked to see a rumination on Homeworld & Homeworld: Cataclysm and a stream of Freelancer. I would've also liked to see him try out The Talos Principle as an exploration, which I believe he would've loved.

As for the anime thing, Arch may not have many favorites, but he does have some. I know that he's mentioned liking Madoka Magica and Azumanga Daioh before at least.

View user profile
Theodoricos wrote:I would've liked to see a rumination on Homeworld & Homeworld: Cataclysm and a stream of Freelancer. I would've also liked to see him try out The Talos Principle as an exploration, which I believe he would've loved.

As for the anime thing, Arch may not have many favorites, but he does have some. I know that he's mentioned liking Madoka Magica and Azumanga Daioh before at least.

Fingers crossed, Theo. That once Arch gets back and gets life in order, he do those streams. And those Ruminations Wink

View user profile
Theo and I both put forth the idea that Arch do a pseudo-exploration stream of Freelancer (he'd played it before, but we both wanted it to get wider exposure). In addition, I always wanted him to do ruminations on Puella Magi Madoka Magica (since he likes that anime quite a bit), Dissidia Final Fantasy and Duodecim (why he never got around to these ones I'll never know), and like many others, I also wanted to hear his thoughts on Babylon 5 in detail.

I was also really, really, REALLY looking forward to that Kingdom Hearts lorerun. It was just on the horizon, too...

Last edited by TheLastSamurai14 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
I hoped for Dragon Age Inquisition, Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and MCU movies ruminations

View user profile
TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Theo and I both put forth the idea that Arch do a pseudo-exploration stream of Freelancer (he'd played it before, but we both wanted it to get wider exposure). In addition, I always wanted him to do ruminations on Puella Magi Madoka Magica (since he likes that anime quite a bit), Dissidia Final Fantasy and Duodecim (why he never got around to these ones I'll never know), and like many others, I also wanted to hear his thoughts on Babylon 5 in detail.

I was also really, really, REALLY looking forward to that Kingdom Hearts lorerun. It was just on the horizon, too...

Dissidia would have been amazing for Arch to talk about, that's what he should have ended the FF marathon with, in my opinion And I thought Arch already did something KH related or was I mistaken?

View user profile
Vermaeus wrote:
TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Theo and I both put forth the idea that Arch do a pseudo-exploration stream of Freelancer (he'd played it before, but we both wanted it to get wider exposure). In addition, I always wanted him to do ruminations on Puella Magi Madoka Magica (since he likes that anime quite a bit), Dissidia Final Fantasy and Duodecim (why he never got around to these ones I'll never know), and like many others, I also wanted to hear his thoughts on Babylon 5 in detail.

Dissidia would have been amazing for Arch to talk about it that's what he should have ended the FF marathon with, in my opinion And I thought Arch already did something KH related orwas I mistaken?

He did, but back in March I requested that he cover the whole series in detail, now that everyone outside of Japan has access to the Final Mix versions of the games and we know more information leading up to Kingdom Hearts III. I even said I'd pay for it, an agreement that I'll still honor should he manage to come back to us.

Also, I still think Chrono Trigger was a very appropriate end to the FF marathon, but I admit that I initially wanted Dissidia to be featured instead.

View user profile
TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Theo and I both put forth the idea that Arch do a pseudo-exploration stream of Freelancer (he'd played it before, but we both wanted it to get wider exposure).

You know what that means, Samurai...

You've got to do the honors and play it on your stream the day after tomorrow. Very Happy

View user profile
Stream it Saturday? I...I can't do that, man. I'd rather focus on the events at hand, and leave the prospect of gaming out of the picture that day. I'll certainly stream it at some point, though. And hey, I've got the Discovery mod, so maybe I can show off some of the cool stuff those guys added. Very Happy

View user profile
[quote="TheLastSamurai14"]Stream it Saturday? I...I can't do that, man. I'd rather focus on the events at hand, and leave the prospect of gaming out of the picture that day. I'll certainly stream it at some point, though. And hey, I've got the Discovery mod, so maybe I can show off some of the cool stuff those guys added. Very Happy[/quote

Right, I almost forgot about that! Still on Saturday, right? Same time?

View user profile
Yep. Same time as I originally planned, seeing as how most of you guys have committed to being there regardless of time. I appreciate the support from all of you, by the way.

View user profile
TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Stream it Saturday? I...I can't do that, man. I'd rather focus on the events at hand, and leave the prospect of gaming out of the picture that day. I'll certainly stream it at some point, though. And hey, I've got the Discovery mod, so maybe I can show off some of the cool stuff those guys added. Very Happy

Yeah of course, I know. I was just kidding. But yeah if you are gonna do future streams after that one then that'd be awesome. I've played Discovery some myself, it's a good mod.

I also echo your words about the PMMM rumination, that's another one I would've liked to see. It's probably my favorite anime ever, so.

View user profile
Theodoricos wrote:
TheLastSamurai14 wrote:Stream it Saturday? I...I can't do that, man. I'd rather focus on the events at hand, and leave the prospect of gaming out of the picture that day. I'll certainly stream it at some point, though. And hey, I've got the Discovery mod, so maybe I can show off some of the cool stuff those guys added. Very Happy

Yeah of course, I know. I was just kidding. But yeah if you are gonna do future streams after that one then that'd be awesome. I've played Discovery some myself, it's a good mod.

I also echo your words about the PMMM rumination, that's another one I would've liked to see. It's probably my favorite anime ever, so.

Don't get me wrong, I've wanted to do streams beyond that for a while now. I've wanted to show off the Kingdom Hearts II Randomizer Run, for instance, along with my Critical Mode level 1 playthrough, just to name two examples. I'm going to be doing quite a bit in regards to a stream, and while I don't intend on replacing Arch at all, I think this community will enjoy what I bring to the table. We all tend to like the same games, after all.

And I agree with the comment on PMMM. Favorite anime ever, and an absolutely fantastic work. I hope they continue it past Rebellion.

Last edited by TheLastSamurai14 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
I would of loved for him to do Firefly+Serenity

**edit was really waiting for B5 to start as well....

View user profile
I hoped for him to do some sort of over view or rumination on Games of Thrones. And maybe do a run through the TellTale game of thrones game. And also I wish he would've considered looking into the Thief series and maybe ever do a ruminiation on the three games.

View user profile
Vermaeus wrote:
lurker4701822 wrote:Babylon 5. Which he was starting. Sad
He never finished? Damn...I feel your pain. Hell, at least he was starting on Babylon 5..

DeutscheKind wrote:He started to record it, I believe the few days before this all happened, and it's somewhat in limbo if that series will ever be uploaded.

Yeah, probably a short time before. And since there are 111 episodes of Babylon 5 (including pilot)... Sad
One possible hope, for some B5 Ruminations, is if he uploaded some to go live in September.

View user profile
Tales of the Abyss

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum