» MCU Discussion Links - Historical
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:12 pm by DollarD

» Turn 10-1069
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm by Crensler

You are not connected. Please login or register

Personal favorite games list.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Not sure if this is the place for it, but to get this section of the forum back on track I'm starting this thread.

List your favorite games here. They can be top 5's or 20's, it's just a bit of fun for all of us. (They don't need to be in any particular order either.)

Have fun everyone! Very Happy

View user profile

2 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:30 pm

My top 5 favorite games are...

Ilussions of Gaia
Mass Effect 2
Kingdom Hearts II
Halo 2
Paper Mario: And the Thousand Year Door.

View user profile

3 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:36 pm

My top five are:

Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VI
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Kingdom Hearts II
Chrono Trigger

...what's that? What do you mean, "Square fanboy"?

View user profile

5 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:03 pm

My top 5 favorite games are...

#1: Xenogears - This game opened my eyes to many things: Life in general, human behavior,  philosophy, psychology...add that with a lovable cast of characters and mix it with the musical genius of Yasunori Mitsuda and THERE; that is what makes Xenogears my #1 favorite. This game is absolutly in a league of it's own. No other game comes close to the issues this game dealt with. [Barring Xenosaga.]

[I'm tempted to add the Xenosaga Trilogy as a whole here, but seeing how it's a reimagining of what Xenogears was supposed to be I'll just leave this spot blank.]

#2: Far Cry 3 - My first entry into the franchise. I loved it. Incredible shooting gameplay with a beautiful tropical island backdrop as the sandbox. Add that with the complete gameplay flexibility: [You want to go stealthy? Slap a silencer on that MP5; better yet, take this bow. Or if your really feeling like a badass MASTER the stealth takedowns. You want to stage an all out assault? Place a lethal combination of mines and C4 in the path of an oncoming convoy then rush into the ensuing chaos with a light-machine gun or grenade launcher!] Then there's the story. It has a sort of primal theme to it: You are Jason Brody: A privileged 20 something from Cali who, along with his friends, find themselves on this island full of pirates. And you have to save your friends from these pirates who want to ransom them. Through out the story Jason finds himself descending into madness as he goes from not wanting to kill at all to enjoying it, actively seeking vengeance against the pirates and even forgetting himself and his friends in the process. Someone more verbose could explain it better, eh. [Look up the "Symmetry Theory" on Youtube.]

#3: Final Fantasy VIII - This wasn't my first Final Fantasy game, but it was the first one I beat. I don't know how I beat the final boss on my first playthrough. I was...fumbling through the junction system at best. I loved the main character. Most people call him "emo" or "whiney" but I loved him because I saw myself in him. I could relate to him. It was actually a surreal experience to see someone in the game so close to my mindset in reality and it was very encouraging to see him gradually open up and learn to accept others into his life. I enjoyed the interactions between the characters. The game has probably the best soundtrack in FF[There wasn't/isn't a single track I dislike], the gameplay allowed for some degree of player freedom. FFVIII was/is an incredible experience for me.

#4: Final Fantasy X - Funny enough, XII was my first Final Fantasy, but I didn't care for it then, so I took it back and exchanged it this. Spira is probably my favorite Final Fantasy world. The carefree nature of it's citazens...the overall tropic theme. The story was easy to follow and I found the Tidus/Jecht subplot interesting. Seeing Tidus grow through the story was endearing. I also really liked the concept of the antagonist "Sin".

#5: Skyrim - This was probably my first real open world game. The graphics were beautiful and the sheer freedom I had was extremely liberating. No other game matches that. That alone is why Skyrim is a favorite of mine.

View user profile

6 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:40 pm

1. Sonic Boom
2. E.T.
3. Sonic 06
4. Zelda: Wand of Gamelon/ Link: The Faces of Evil
5. Superman 64

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View user profile

7 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:41 pm

FearsomeClarinet wrote:1. Sonic Boom
2. E.T.
3. Sonic 06
5. Superman 64

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*points to the door* Heathen...

View user profile

8 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Not in any order or in any "top" number:

• Alan Wake(why is this always first with me?)
  • Games by Telltale.
  • Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines(until a better Masquerade game comes out).
  • Final Fantasy 6(3 in Japan, or 4? Whatever, I'm calling it Final Fantasy Locke), if I could just get my hands on an official PC port(if they would release one already). Don't know why I got bored with it in the first place, but I would like to call it one of my favorites.
  • Call of Juarez: Gunslinger(Normal Difficulty)
  • Mass Effect 2(even though I've exiled the Mass Effect series from my game time)
  • The Last of Us
  • Assassin's Creed Boat Simulator(from each game, just the sailing bits)
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions(haven't played War of the Lions yet, but the original game kicks ass and I believe it when I hear that War of the Lions is awesome too)

Last edited by Hbh128 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

9 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Hbh128 wrote:Final Fantasy 6(3 in Japan, or 4? Whatever, I'm calling it Final Fantasy Locke)

6 in Japan, 3 in America and Europe. Though most people have abandoned the Western numbering becaude it just leads to more confusion. So it's just FF6 to basically anyone you talk to.

View user profile

10 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:00 pm

View user profile

11 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:52 pm

FearsomeClarinet wrote:1. Sonic Boom
2. E.T.
3. Sonic 06
5. Superman 64

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well... at least someone lives up to their name lol.

View user profile http://bowmen.imgur.com

12 Re: Personal favorite games list. on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:15 pm

Confining it to one game per franchise, top ten games of mine are:

10) Metroid: Fusion
9) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Cool Halo: Combat Evolved
7) Warcraft III
6) StarCraft II
5) Resident Evil 4
4) Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword
3) Golden Sun: The Broken Seal
2) Mass Effect