Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:16 pm

Not sure where to post this, but a new Dragon Age DLC is already on the way, It was announced today at Pax Prime. Its set after the main story in Inquisiton and will close the arc of the Inquisitor.

The trailer here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQKGFMfXx0

I love what has been shown so far and i am really looking forward to this. Feel free to share your thoughts.

View user profile

2 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:06 am

Please don't let that Solas scene be the very end of the DLC... Evil or Very Mad

I wonder how they gonna deal with the Divine outcome, if they lock out the character then I'm gonna be short one tank for my squishy mage.

EDIT: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/08/29/dragon-age-inquisition-pax-2015.aspx

So the Divine will potentially remain a follower after all, and it looks like they're putting an emphasis on showing consequences. Sounds promising.

View user profile

3 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:41 am

I was feeling very sad after Jaws of Hakkon and The Decent. I was afraid DAI DLC was going to be nothing but disappointment. Finally, I am once again excited for Dragon Age Inquisition. This trailer made me so giddy.

View user profile

4 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:14 pm

So yeah it looks good, but I cant remember a single piece of bioware marketting which doesnt look good in some way, yet recently i have been nothing but dissapointed. My hopes are low.

View user profile

5 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:18 pm

OmegaSpruz wrote:So yeah it looks good, but I cant remember a single piece of bioware marketting which doesnt look good in some way, yet recently i have been nothing but dissapointed. My hopes are low.

I don't really recall being excited for Hakkon or Decents marketing. This one made me totally hyped.

View user profile

6 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:33 pm

Lamppost25 wrote:
OmegaSpruz wrote:So yeah it looks good, but I cant remember a single piece of bioware marketting which doesnt look good in some way, yet recently i have been nothing but dissapointed. My hopes are low.

I don't really recall being excited for Hakkon or Decents marketing. This one made me totally hyped.

That one has the continuation of the story going for it, admittedly I am probably a bit burned out on Bioware stuff in general. I personally will not be getting it.

However from Both Jaws of Hakkon and Descent and Citadel and Leviathan and Dragon Age Inquisition had good things going for them, to end up in my opinion mediocre. Descent excited me because i hoped for new lore and answered question - i got something opposite of that.

As I said I am burned out on Bioware. I will come back to them in a few years or so.

View user profile

7 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:04 pm

I really enjoyed Jaws of Hakkon, they did the exploration bit alot better and made it relevant to the main quest and lore you discovered. Also the reveal and what you learnt at the end was amazing. Haven't played Descent yet, and i will probably hold off. This really interests me because it finally continues the main-story and seems to give the Inquisitor some personality. We'll see when it launches.

View user profile

8 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:10 am

I saw a book! Tome of Koslun!? Do we get to decide what happens to it? Do we get to BURN IT!? Do we get to destroy the Qun!? WAAAGGHH!

View user profile

9 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:54 am

I can't wait to see Arch's thoughts on this trailer. I hope hes actually excited about this one. I really want to see his thoughts on this Epilogue!

View user profile

10 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:52 pm

Lamppost25 wrote:

Same with me. Didn't care to play those, but this one has me considering buying it.

View user profile

11 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:40 pm

Hbh128 wrote:I saw a book! Tome of Koslun!? Do we get to decide what happens to it? Do we get to BURN IT!? Do we get to destroy the Qun!? WAAAGGHH!

It's more likely to be the Inquisition document from the prologue.

View user profile

12 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:23 pm

*drums fingers* After some thought I think I'll do a stream talking about this one sometime later this week. Hard to summarize my thoughts on this one. Though I guess I'll try: First two DLCs looked very very neutral to me, flat 0's on the scale. This one... more complicated.

13 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:34 pm

The Lorerunner wrote:*drums fingers* After some thought I think I'll do a stream talking about this one sometime later this week.  Hard to summarize my thoughts on this one.  Though I guess I'll try: First two DLCs looked very very neutral to me, flat 0's on the scale.  This one... more complicated.

Would you be willing to post that up to Youtube in case I miss that stream? I assume one of your negatives would be the whole "paying for the ending" thing. However, I would rather pay for an ending that is crafted from feedback....than get ME3 again. Also, we never even got an ending for Dragon Age 2.

Last edited by Lamppost25 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

14 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:37 pm

Yeah I'll probably put whatever I end up doing on Trespasser up on Youtube as well.

15 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:33 am

Alrighty, a heads up like a day before would be awesome!

View user profile

16 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:31 am

Awesome. Can't wait for the stream. Started playing Inquisition again now just to warm up. Next week its DLC time.

View user profile

17 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:10 am

Well Jaws and the Decent were okay and had some funny things in them, but they were more like filler episodes for Animes. This one actually will tell us the outcome of our Story as Inqisitor.

It got a pluspoint already from me for the scene were the Inquisitor is actually really pissed after all that bullshit Smile Damn I wanted a reaction like this for a long time Very Happy

View user profile

18 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:39 am

Ok on secend thought about the DLC´s, I have to say that they are actually pretty good at giving you more lore of the World. In Jaws you learn more about the way of how the Avvar are living and you learn about the last Inqiusitor (and the setup for the Bossfight is pretty chilling).

Descent get´s a plus from me for David Hayter!
And it gives another pretty important lore piece of the World that we are living in there (no Spoilers here) and I even think that it could be an important setup for the next Dragon Age Game.
And besides that the Battles were actually pretty chalanging and fun (especially the Boss fight was so damn hard!) and it had some very nice vistas at the end.

So yeah I liked them both very much and had my fun with them.

View user profile

19 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:49 am

Atheru wrote:Ok on secend thought about the DLC´s, I have to say that they are actually pretty good at giving you more lore of the World. In Jaws you learn more about the way of how the Avvar are living and you learn about the last Inqiusitor (and the setup for the Bossfight is pretty chilling).

Descent get´s a plus from me for David Hayter!
And it gives another pretty important lore piece of the World that we are living in there (no Spoilers here) and I even think that it could be an important setup for the next Dragon Age Game.
And besides that the Battles were actually pretty chalanging and fun (especially the Boss fight was so damn hard!) and it had some very nice vistas at the end.

So yeah I liked them both very much and had my fun with them.

The DAI DLCs are not the worst, but they are the most disappointing. They are disappointing because I had high hopes. DAI is a great game that is bogged down by serious flaws. Despite these flaws I found myself loving most of the experience and was really looking forward to the DLCs. What we've been getting does not live up to their previous track record for DLCs. Bioware DLCs, when at their finest, take the best aspects of the base game, crank it to 11 and add new, unique mechanics. Lair did this, Citadel did this, Legacy did this and Awakening did this. Jaws of Hakkon and The Decent are not bad DLCs. Are they overpriced? Yes I believe so, but they are not a net negative. The negatives cancel out the positives 1 for 1. They are 5 out of 10's. These DLCs did not really innovate, they didn't really try anything new mechanically. They instead follow the path of "more of the same." You could argue the combat of The Decent is a change in mechanics but....really all they did was create damage sponges and slapped a crap ton of immunities on them. The plots were nothing to write home about. Same crap DA DLCs have always done.

Vague hints about big, super epic mystery's that may or may not ever get addressed. They never really addressed Golems of Amgarrak, they just reused the asset in DA2 in a totally unrelated event. The DLC was literally pointless padding that served zero purpose. It foreshadowed nothing, it built up to nothing. Witch Hunt is very similar, A DLC that served little purpose beyond teasing the fan base, only to once again tease the fan base again in DAI, about the same damn thing, and just remove the character it was about after only 2 scenes. The DLC basically also amounted to nothing. Mark of Felissa Day has so far amounted to nothing, it's only purpose being to show off Orlesian Culture, fashion etc. That might be fine for some of you, but I want more relevance from my DLCs. So far Legacy is the only DLC that has been relevant to the DA setting, the only one that has done anything with the concepts it introduced. Even Awakening, as great as it is, has so far had zero impact on DA's setting.

I am disappointed by DAI's DLCs because they are following the same pattern all those others did. They just keep introducing and teasing more and more "massively, world shatteringly, unbelievably huge!" secrets and mysteries that continue to slowly but surely re-write and retcon the entire written history of Thedas, because "GOTCHA! ALL the stuff we wrote before was TOTALL BULLSHIT! Surprise!" On top of all this, they just keep piling it on more and more with present day stuff too. "omg Qunari invasion! omg Royal Succession crisis in three different countries! omg Grey Warden Civil War! omg your companion/love interest was the real bad guy! Speculations for everyone!!!!111!1!". Every time they release anything DA related. Books, comics, games, DLC, whatever. They almost always answer about one or two questions, but always give us like 10 more. This cycle just keeps going. We're up to about 5 answers with 75 questions. That in itself is not a bad thing, leaving cliffhangers and dangling threads can be good. But somehow I doubt they ever plan to address them all, or even half of them. Their track record suggest they just throw out about 10 things until 1 of them sticks. They then drop the other 9 and run with the 1. This has the potential to create a really big mess. This is why I find the DLCs a disappointment. It is just further proof of a pattern that worries me about DA's future. Today will decide weather or not Trespasser bucks the trend.

View user profile

20 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:00 am

Lamppost25 wrote:
I am disappointed by DAI's DLCs because they are following the same pattern all those others did. They just keep introducing and teasing more and more "massively, world shatteringly, unbelievably huge!" secrets and mysteries that continue to slowly but surely re-write and retcon the entire written history of Thedas, because "GOTCHA! ALL the stuff we wrote before was TOTALL BULLSHIT! Surprise!" On top of all this, they just keep piling it on more and more with present day stuff too. "omg Qunari invasion! omg Royal Succession crisis in three different countries! omg Grey Warden Civil War! omg your companion/love interest was the real bad guy! Speculations for everyone!!!!111!1!". Every time they release anything DA related. Books, comics, games, DLC, whatever. They almost always answer about one or two questions, but always give us like 10 more. This cycle just keeps going. We're up to about 5 answers with 75 questions. That in itself is not a bad thing, leaving cliffhangers and dangling threads can be good. But somehow I doubt they ever plan to address them all, or even half of them. Their track record suggest they just throw out about 10 things until 1 of them sticks. They then drop the other 9 and run with the 1. This has the potential to create a really big mess. This is why I find the DLCs a disappointment. It is just further proof of a pattern that worries me about DA's future. Today will decide weather or not Trespasser bucks the trend.

Hhhm,

Dragon Age mythology is starting to remind me of the TV show Lost; each week there was a new McGuffin, and only a percentage of them were answered in the end.

So I believe the Bioware writing staff is bad at writing stories with a beginning, middle and end. Furthermore, it seems that either they are building towards one BIG game where all of that goes down and we have an epic Thedas War going on, or they just keep their option opened. Most of DAI was pointless since it did not answer any questions. While all of it is good for the lore building community, I think the story telling aspect of bioware games has been in decline for many years now. Stories do not make any sense anymore and Bioware should fix this.

On the note of Trespasser, I actually rewatched the trailer and seem to have bought in into the hype. That said there is a larger problem with incompetent writers at Bioware who are very much capable of writing superb first paragraphs, sellling their work to the audience, and then taking a year long vacation.

View user profile

21 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:22 am

Well this DLC definitely answered more questions than it asked. At this point I think we have a pretty clear idea of what went down with the ancient elves.

View user profile

22 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:08 am

Answering more questions than it asked? Well I'm sold. I do see the points made by Omega and Lamppost. The more I hear about Bioware's team of writers and decision makers, the more times I shake my head.

the spoils, Dragon Age series:
Speaking of, if it turns out Flemeth is one of the good guys, I'm crying foul. I mean, fuck that. I really don't care. She was evil in the first game, so to me the official canon is evil Flemeth, I don't care what Bioware says about her or does with her. I hate her guts, I hate her vague-talk, I hate her voice, and I hate her stupid face. Be evil!

View user profile

23 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:02 am

Welp, I would say Solas is definitely the main antagonist of this franchise now. His plan is ridiculous. As far as Flemeth goes. Shes clearly not "nice" anymore. She was very bitter and resentful. If she ever was a nice person, those days were long gone. They didn't really clear up what exactly happened with her but oh well. We now know with 100% certainty what happened to the old Elven Empire. We totally got more answers than questions this time, however Legacy was similar. Trespasser was a total home run in my book, but their behaviors towards DLC and story telling/ world building in general is still concerning overall.

View user profile

24 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:28 pm

Lamppost25 wrote:Welp, I would say Solas is definitely the main antagonist of this franchise now. His plan is ridiculous. As far as Flemeth goes. Shes clearly not "nice" anymore. She was very bitter and resentful. If she ever was a nice person, those days were long gone. They didn't really clear up what exactly happened with her but oh well. We now know with 100% certainty what happened to the old Elven Empire. We totally got more answers than questions this time, however Legacy was similar. Trespasser was a total home run in my book, but their behaviors towards DLC and story telling/ world building in general is still concerning overall.  

Well, shit. There goes my theory... Oh well. Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

View user profile

25 Re: Dragon Age Inquisition - Trespasser on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Spoiler:
I came out of that chat with Solas thinking he was a nicer version of Corypheus, he wants to tear down the world and rebuild it to his liking. Still, he was kind of... apologetic about it? That and the way you can try to talk him down and later pledge to save him from himself could mean there's gonna be a way to "soften" him.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum