» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars The Old Republic: Friend or Foe

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Star Wars The Old Republic: Friend or Foe on Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Hello everyone,

A while back i was writing a fanfiction story in the SWTOR time period.
Its been a while since I looked at it, but I want to pick it back up.
However, I could use some help with regards to the quality of what I have written so far. Down low u can read the story. I used to post this per a 1000 words or so for each 'chapter'.

Dont hold back, but be uuh nice? Razz

Friend or Foe

Episode 1: Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away

By Banath

“I looked her in the eyes, and... did it. I couldn’t bring her back with me to Tython. It would have been both our death sentence,” I said.

The Council listened to me in silence. From left to right the great masters of the Jedi Order sat before me. The faces of the men and women of several species that managed to become the highest of rank in the Force. Though I couldn’t sense their power in the Force I could see the power in their eyes, vibrating out from the way they shifted in their seats, the way they held themselves, the way they looked at me. The best I could do, was to be honest to them. They could tear through any lies I would give them. Immediately. I bowed my head in silence, and waited for further questions.

“This has become a… difficult situation, Captain,” said the human Jedi Master. “You should have brought her here to be trialed, as in our way. In these difficult times we cannot afford to let Jedi fall to the dark side and roam free.”

“Yes Sir, I know, but…”

“I was not finished. Seeing the friendship between you two, it is understandable that your feelings affected your judgment. This does not absolve your responsibility for your part in the situation, however. On the other hand, for that same reason you are in a unique situation to help us. We will give you one task to redeem yourself, not only before the Council, but we will stand for the possibility to clear your name in the face of the Republic, even if this means that our relationship with the Republic cools a little more down, since Coruscant.”

“Thank you, Sir,” I answered, though I died a little more inside.

The human Jedi smiled with a sad face. “Do not thank us yet - You have not heard the assignment. We have been given permission by certain officials within the Republic – against their judgment - to let you, your ship and crew go on the hunt for her. And you must bring her back to us, any means necessary. What she knows could give the Sith Empire a vital advantage. We cannot afford it.”

A pain came over my heart. It is as I feared it would be.

“Yes, Sir.” I responded. The human Jedi looked at me with a stern face.

“Good. This meeting is adjourned.”

I left the Council room with a heavy heart.

I left the room, but as I walked out into the hallway a tiny green Jedi Master caught up with me. He looked ancient, white tufts of hair sticking up at odd angles to his wrinkly green body.  He had been sitting on my right side, when we were in the conference. So there is the real power in the Council, I thought cynically.

“Come with me, you must,” said the Jedi Master briskly. The short alien was able to keep up with my fleet pace. It surprised me. I should stop judging Jedi on their appearance.

“Understanding, I do your actions. Condone them, I do not. Helped her, we could have, my son.” said the Jedi.

“I am sorry, Master Jedi, but it was all I could do.”

The little green being sighed. “Loved her, you did, is it not?”

He responded to me with strong assurance. I could lie, but that wouldn't help. I smiled to him with a guilty face. “I still do, Sir, but it is not wise to do so anymore.” “Wise?” the Master chuckled, “Love does not make one wise, it makes one great. Not letting love blind you, makes one wise.” The Jedi looked at me for a moment, and his ears started to hang a bit. “Betrayed, felt you must have, when she did it. Hurt, you still are?” I could only nod. A sad sigh came from the little being, like he could feel the pain I felt. We walked slowly on without saying much more.

“Sir,” I asked cautiously after a while, “How is the war going? What I know is that we are not doing very well.”

The look on the Jedi’s face spoke more than a thousand words. His ears started to hang down even more. A distant look in his eyes. “Not doing very well at all, we are, in this war. Entrust you, I do, young captain, with this secret of the dark side. Know not, very many do of our inability to see, because of it. Help you, it will, when facing your love. Forget, Jedi seem to do. Clouding, the Dark side of the Force, our judgment does. Know this, the Emperor does. Against us, he uses it. At stake, the fate of the universe is. Vital to the war, what she knows. Destroying the Temple at Coruscant, a great tactical move it was. Lost, a lot of lives have been. Affording it, once again, we cannot. Died a little, hope did that day.” The small Council member seemed older even beyond his age of 500 to me, when he said that. It effects all of us, I thought. And my mind drifted again to her.

“Captain!” Abruptly I was shaken out of my memories of the past week. I looked out of the starboard window to the vastness of space. My second-in-command, Iridom, called for my attention.

“Sir, should I let the navigator make the jump to lightspeed?” she asked. Grim reality called me back. It has been a week since we left Tython. I had a long and difficult meeting with my Republic superiors and representatives after the questioning by the Jedi Council. The Republic forces were not so lenient as the Council was. Maybe because they cannot see through me or my heart, like the Jedi could. The questioning droid was relentless. Question upon question was fired at me. They needed to know everything that happened. Luckily, they didn’t torture me. Although I expected it. The little sleep I’d been allowed was much less than I could’ve used for this mission. I was still a little tired, and wouldn’t exactly be getting much rest while on my ship.

The lieutenant walks up with a questioning face. An eager woman of a strong, slender build comes up to me. The short hair, neatly tied up, gave her a more strict look. The strictness of her posture made even me a bit intimidated. The brown eyes looked at me with anticipation. She was ready to prove her worth to me and the Republic. She has only been my second-in-command for little over three months. She does her work accurate, handles the crew very well and has a keen eye what needs to be done. Will this be another one that dies under my command?

I took a deep breath, straightened up and look her in the eyes.

“Is everything set, Lieutenant? All crew and commando's onboard, supplies restocked? This will be a long trip and we won't see a lot of friendly faces once we have jumped.”

“Aye sir, everyone is set and are awaiting your orders.”

I returned to the view of space. “Somewhere out there in that big expanse of space she is hiding, Iridom, and we have to catch her, before she is in Sith space.”

“Aye, Captain, but we can handle it,” she said with certainty. “Even if we get caught up across the Empires borders, we have managed to escape their fleet before,” she smiled with a smirk look on her face. “Dropping in and out into the Empires territory if needed, won't be too much of a pickle for us, sir.” Her confidence made me smile a bit.

“Don't expect to be so lucky, Lieutenant, the Force isn't always with us.”

“Those Jedi that are on board will probably disagree with you, Cap'tain.” She pointed discreetly to the two out-of-place figures that stood calmly in the corner.

I started to laugh, the woman knew how she should handle the crew, even me. She will be a great captain in a few years on board her own vessel. If she makes it...

“Indeed, they will, Lieutenant, indeed they will. Thanks for cheering me up.” She gave me a short nod.

We walked back to the center of the Corona's bridge. The Corona, the ship under my command. Home and harbor to me, and one of the mid-class Republic ships. A beautiful ship, with the characteristics of the larger capital ships of the Republic, but smaller. Usually the colors of the Republic would be pride at it sides, but with this mission, it was ordered to repaint it. The droids did the job faster then expected. That's what you get with an unlimited workforce that doesn't tire.

I looked across the bow and my crew. In the middle in front of me and to both the right and left side the consoles for plotting the course, using the forward weapon batteries and all other tech and in the center front the rudder. As the crew heard me approaching, the helmsmen slightly turned their heads to catch the order when it came. On the left, the two Jedi, a blue female Twi’lek, who I figured was a master, and a Mon Calamari male. I nodded to the two and a slight feeling of discomfort came over me. Is the Council really that afraid that I won't do my work?

I knew that my track record spoke against me, but the Jedi could see more then just my files. I didn’t like having the Jedi onboard. She would see them as a threat. When we were alone, even after her turning, she was never aggressive towards me. If she feels threatened, I didn’t know what would happen, but remembering her lightsaber skills, it wouldn’t be pretty. Maybe some Republic official feels more confident about this, because of the presence of two Jedi.

But the two Jedi had their orders, and I had mine. If something mission-related came up, they were the executive power. Despite my orders that I was to obey them, I wanted to make something clear. There is only one king and one high priest onboard of a ship. The captain and only the captain. “I’m responsible for both the success of this mission and the safety of my crew. So don’t get in my way, I won’t get in yours, and we won’t have any problems.”

The Twi’lek smiled as though she weren’t irritated by my tone. “We will not be interfering with your job, and we would never ask you to endanger your crew any more than is necessary. The Force, as always, will guide our actions, and our path has already been determined. It does not tangle with yours.”

The future is never set, I thought. Based on what the little green Jedi said about the dark side, you shouldn’t be so confident either. Still, their overconfidence was not something I could do much about.

I gazed back to the helmsmen. “Helmsman Thricada, make the jump.”

“Aye, Sir.” And the stars became starlines. And so we jumped into hyperspace.

To whatever fate...

To be continued...

View user profile

2 Re: Star Wars The Old Republic: Friend or Foe on Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Friend or Foe

Episode 2: Regret

“So now that the course has been plotted and we’re on our way, I’ll be in my quarters, Lieutenant.” I said hopefully, praying she wouldn’t mention something else I needed to be doing. No luck.

“Sir, the two Jedi requested a meeting with you now that we’re in hyperspace. They wouldn’t say anything more specific.” was Iridom's quiet response. I rolled my eyes. It was to be expected. Now that we couldn’t turn back, it was easier for them to talk with me. Short of shoving them out an airlock, I couldn’t get rid of them very easily. Still, I could settle into my anger toward them. I hoped I’d ignored them long enough to get them angry at me. I found them near the crew quarters and signaled them to follow me. As we walked I thought to myself how plain they looked, in their brown cloth robes, their armor packed away. We made our way to my quarters – about the only real private place on the ship. I sat down at the cramped conference table on the center chair and pointed the Jedi to the seats.
Then stared at the Jedi until they realized they needed to sit down too. The Twi’lek took her seat with grace, but her padawan remained standing behind her.

“Captain, first of all, thank you for having us on your ship. It has been nearly a week to get the entire mission in order.” the Twi’lek spoke. Her tone held no hint of annoyance, but her eyes showed the slightest hint of a challenge to me. A higher pitched voice, but it sounded soothing, relaxed. “My name is Arako’ant and this is my padawan Osam. You have seemed… hesitant to talk with us, which is frustrating, as our only goal here is to assist your mission. I know you must be angered that the Council has sent us to interfere in a mission that is very personal to you, but you must understand that you alone are not capable of dealing with the traitor. She will be much more powerful even than she was as a Jedi, now that she has fallen to the dark side.”

I didn’t reply. What could I say? She was right, but her words only made me angrier. As much as I blamed myself for what happened to her, I blamed the Jedi more. They were the ones who were supposed to train her, protect her from the dark side.

The Jedi Master looked at me as though all this was clear to her. I didn’t like it.

“Calm your self, Captain. All that anger you feel toward us helps no one. We don't propose that you didn't do anything you could, but your skills are limited.” She sighed with a hint of sorrow. “You do realize you are not the only person in the galaxy who has lost a friend to the dark side? We lose so many of our numbers, either in battle with the Sith, or by Jedi become consumed by the dark side. Our savior from the Jedi Civil War, Revan, one of the greatest Jedi to ever have lived, was seduced by the dark side, and took dozens of followers with him. Trust me when I say that we understand your anger. But it cannot get in the way of our mission.”

I nodded in agreement. The only thing I care about, is getting to her in time. I looked at my watch after this reprimand. The clock said it was 13.00 hours Coruscant time. In as calm voice as I could bring up, I responded to the Twi'lek. “Despite our start, I’d like to offer to the both of you to have a short meal with me, which also helps us to wrap our hands around the mission. One moment please.” I reached for the comm. The typical sound went off and the stern voice of Iridom came through. “What can I do for you, Sir?” she responded. “Could you sent one of the droids to us with a meal, so I can discuss more at length the difficulties of the mission?” “Aye, Sir.” I switched the comm of again. I turned to the Jedi Master. “Shall we run through the specifics now? Or do you want to wait for the meal?” The woman looked at her Mon Calamari companion. He spoke decisively, with the sort of rasp that is common to most of his species. “That won’t be necessary, Captain. We can discuss it now for a part and wait till the droid leaves us again and continue.” He looked at me like he was staring right through me. It made me uncomfortable.

I stared back at the padawn, but wasn't really looking at him. My mind drifted to her and what I should do. With a short slam of decisiveness on the table, I started. “All right, you want to talk, I’ll talk. Here’s the story. I lost her on Malastare during our scouting trip. She seemed strange when we left, like something weighed on her. We’d left the crew in orbit around Tatooine and were flying an unregistered cargo ship. We were trying to find a way to bargain with the Hutts there and didn’t want to be flying Republic colors. That meant no backup, either. She’d been doing a lot of research before we left – old books, star maps, mostly stuff in some language I didn’t understand. When she betrayed me, she took them with her and whatever else she found on that planet.” I sighed. “I didn’t think anything of the research at the time. She had a habit of getting so caught up in research projects that she’d forget to eat, and this was far from the first time I’d seen her do it.” I said with a sad smile. “We were waiting on a signal to come in for the next step in our negotiating, so we had a bit of time to explore Malastare. Hutts can be a pain in the ass, so I didn’t think too hard about it when she said she wanted to go to Malastare for her research.”

The sound of the door opening held me from continuing on. It also gave me some time to recollect and get the happenings more in order. The protocol droid gently brought in the food and drinks. “Captain, can you help me with the plates, please?” I stood up and wanted to help the droid, when I saw the plates and glasses float in the air and come to the table. I shrugged my head. Jedi. Sometimes they need to use their own two hands again, instead of using the Force so much.
“Enjoy your meal, Sirs,” the droid said and left. The Mon Calamari finally decided to sit down and so we started to eat in silence. But after a few bites the two Jedi gazed at me in a silent request to continue the story. I waited a little longer before I would start again. I still find it difficult to talk about the events. When I was half finished with the meal, I grabbed the napkin, cleaned my mouth and stood up to walk slowly back and forth behind the table. The padawan started to look impatient and almost like he wanted to say something, but his master glanced at him and his face became calm again.

“Sorry this is taking so long,” I said, “but… the Council only knew the half of my relationship with Erlena.” Except maybe that little green guy. He seemed to know more then just a clue. I stopped walking around and felt my heart sink. But now I was picturing her face when she knew I had realized her betrayal. Her beautifull, sad expression. I tried to reconcile that image with what we had been to each other before. It still didn’t make sense. But to say her name out loud was painfull. “Erlena and I are… we’d been lovers.” The tension in the room then made me nauseous. I don’t know if they were surprised or not, but it obviously was a fact they were uncomfortable with. “I know it’s against the code and all that. But it happened. And we were happy, for a while.”

“Why do you tell us this, when you did not think it relevant to the Council?” Arako’ant asked with a questioning face. Her voice only bearing a small resembelance of discomfort. “Because you’re on my ship, and now your lives hinge on the decisions I make, and you deserve to hear the truth about the circumstances you’re walking into, if you might not be walking out again. My crew always knows what I know and where we stand. The odds of making it out alive. If I want them to follow me, they have to trust me and they have to believe I’ll do everything in my power to get them out alive. The same now applies to you, whether you like it or not. I tell you the truth so you know I’m honest. There’s no other way for you to trust me the way you’re going to have to.” They didn’t look convinced. Love was such strange idea for Jedi. Such a misnomer. They took on different meanings, different values. But I wasn’t a Jedi, and I wasn’t about to start twisting things around like one.

“Please return to Erlena’s reasons for betraying you,” Osam said firmly.
“But that’s the problem,” I replied a bit harsh. “There wasn’t a reason. We’d been exploring some kind of temple, but she went inside and asked me to keep watch outside. I didn’t really feel like going in because that place felt like a tomb, so I didn’t think twice about it. When she came out, she gave me a kiss, but it was like she wasn’t all there. My instincts were going haywire but I couldn’t figure out why. Like you Jedi say, I felt almost a disturbance in the Force.”

I looked at the two Jedi and sat down again. They were absorbing everything, but I could tell by the way they were looking back at me they weren’t processing it right. But then, I didn’t know what was the right way to process it. So I just kept going.

“We flew back to Tatooine and rejoined the crew. We were told that our negotiations with the Hutts would be back on the next day. Erlena seemed very tired, so we turned in early. She was practically silent, and I knew when she got like that it was better for me to just shut up. But usually I don’t sleep very soundly. So I just sat there and I figured it’d be a few hours before I nodded off. But before I knew it I was out. And when I woke up, it was to Iridom telling me that Erlena had run off with the shuttle from Malastare. Right then I knew my instincts had been right and I’d been an idiot to ignore them. The crew had tracked the shuttle but I knew where she was going. She was returning to Malastare.”

To be continued…

View user profile

3 Re: Star Wars The Old Republic: Friend or Foe on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Episode 3: Evasive Maneuvres

I took a deep breath and looked at the two Jedi. The Twi’lek seemed to have drifted away in thought, but Osam kept his eyes on me, his keen focus boring holes in my skull.
“Please continue, sir.”
I brushed my right hand over my face, trying to rub away the tiredness. It didn’t help much.
“I knew we would be able to catch up with the borrowed cargo ship,” I went on. “Her ship’s max velocity was 15% over lightspeed, and ours was 20%. But she had a head start of several hours, and the trajectory analysis gave her one hour on Malastare before the Corona would arrive. I brought five of the commandos with me as backup when we went to the surface – the sergeant and four of his best. I figured that’d be enough to help me corner her and at least try and convince her to come back with us.” I laughed a little morbidly at that. I should have known better. The noise startled Arako’ant out of her reverie and made Osam cringe.
“Are you alright, Captain?” the Twi’lek asked, apparently confused by my laughter.
I nodded a little. “It’s just… the six of us, against her. I should have counted on the fact that she was a Jedi. That we wouldn't be equiped if she wouldn't go with us. Though the men can handle a Force user, we never had to deal with one of our own. And certainly not with someone that is...was so dear to me.” When my morbid laugh finally subsided, I relaxed back into heavy silence. The Jedi apparently sensed that it wouldn’t have done a lot of good for them to pressure me, so we remained in silence, almost completely still, for nearing on ten minutes.
“Are you sure you would prefer to finish this now? Perhaps tomorrow…” Arako’ant asked after a while. Maybe Jedi could be more diplomatic than I thought. But I shook my head.
“Thank you, Master Jedi, but if I have to restart this some other time, it’ll just drag the whole thing on. It’s like injecting a stim. Better to just get it over with as fast as possible.”
“You are strong-willed, Captain,” the Padawan rasped. “Had you been Force-sensitive, you would have made an excellent Jedi.” It was a bit of unneeded flattery, but I took it as the kindness it was meant to be.
“Well, anyway. During the trip back to Malastare we got the speeder ready to go in the shuttle. Communications tried to get the spaceport officials to confiscate her cargo ship so she couldn’t escape, but she hadn’t landed there, so we needed to get down on the ground ourselves as fast as possible.” I kept trying to explain in a way that didn’t make me sound like an idiot for thinking I could stop a Jedi as resourceful as Erlena.
“She used her status as a Jedi to land closer to the temple – much closer than she and I had when we first visited. Flight control gave us the coordinates and we managed to land our shuttle pretty close. How she managed to find a clearing big enough for that cargo ship I’ll never figure out, but finding a place for the shuttle was hard enough. The forest had pretty much swallowed the temple up. It was hard enough to spot from the air, let alone on the ground, but I’d been there before. Didn’t realize how much I’d relied on Erlena’s senses to find my way around the place before. Trees can mess up your eyes when there are a lot of them.” Osam’s expression fluttered briefly with the ghost of a smirk. At least he had some sense of humor.
”While on the shuttle, the heavy commando started to warm up his gun. It freaked me out a bit, and he just said, ‘Standard operating procedure.’ I told him where he could shove his standard operating procedure. We were to bring Erlena in alive and unharmed. The sergeant stepped in. ‘With all due respect, sir, this is a touchy situation. If trouble arises, either from the Jedi or something else, and we’re not ready for it, we’re all going to die. It’s bad enough we’re going in against a Force user without one of our own on our side. ‘ I could’ve made the heavy power his weapon down, but if I had I would’ve lost the respect of my men right there. I didn’t want them to think I’d put their lives at risk for my… for a rogue Jedi.”
“When we got to the temple the sergeant sent two troopers to check the entrance and the other two scouted around the temple. One of the ones sent to check the entrance commed back pretty quick. Footprints were leading into the temple. So we knew she’d already gone in. O’Crave – the sergeant – recommended that I stay back. ‘If we want to get her alive, with minimal risk to your men, you need me along,’ I told him. He wasn’t happy about it, but he knew better than to argue.” I paused for a moment and took a long drink of wine.
Arako’ant interrupted. “Were the commandos hesitant about entering the temple?”
“No, not at all. They’re commandos, aren't they. A couple of them had been in skirmishes involving Sith before. And survived without to much of a hassle. Ambushing a temple is only different from ambushing a space station in that things smell different and there’s air outside instead of space. Plus they knew Erlena, too, at least by sight. I don’t think even the others really thought of her as the enemy – not yet. And maybe that was the problem...”
“The sergeant almost argued with me again when I took point, but if she was going to attack us by surprise or if something else in the temple was, I didn’t want my men to pay for my mistake. I also figured seeing me first wouldn’t get her as defensive as a few heavily-armed commandos would.”
darktemple
“It was pitch dark inside the temple. The sergeant lit up a flashlight so we could see a bit better. At the same time a sense of foreboding came over me. I brushed it away with my uneasiness being in such a place. The path in front of us started sloping downward. The commandos behind me never hesitated but all of us could feel something… weird in that place. I thought I heard a whisper at some point, but I couldn’t make it out and it was probably just some rodent or something anyway.” This made the two Jedi look at each other with a short look. Something must have interchanged between them mentally. Maybe it wasn’t so weird. “After a while I started to see – ”
The Padawan interrupted me. “May I interject for a moment?” he asked. I shrugged.
“What did you feel when you thought you heard that whisper?” The question sounded odd. If anything, I figured they’d want to know what the whisper sounded like. But Jedi always seem to think about everything sideways.
“What I felt?” I thought for a moment. At the time I was so full of adrenaline that my thoughts, my feelings seemed to come from someplace far away. But it was easy to recall them now, far away from that place. “I felt like I was being warned. That going on further would be very dangerous.”
“Was the feeling aggressive? Like something wanted to hurt you?” Arako’ant asked.
“No. It was more like… like a friendly voice warning me to turn back. Like someone was trying to tell me to go back before I did something stupid.”
The two Jedi looked at each other, and their expressions of confusion were identical – which, given how differently Mon Calamari and Twi’leks look, was interesting to see.
Arako’ant spoke. “That does not sound like the foreboding sense of the dark side – which is what we expected. Even non-Force-sensitives sometimes feel that in particularly powerful places. What you are describing… is something else. Why did you not mention this in your report?”
“Describing feelings like that in your field reports is a pretty sure way to end up on Administrative discharge. Next to that, Who would believe me?” I replied, shrugging. Both Jedi nodded in agreement.
“After a while I started to see a dim light. I turned the flashlight off immediately – not that we could hide well from a Jedi. We walked forward carefully, slowly, hoping we wouldn’t alarm her. We stopped just outside of this... massive room. I – I’ve never actually seen anything that made my jaw drop before that. This room was filled with ancient tech, with what looked like a star map at the center – absolutely huge. It had a few locations pinpointed but I couldn’t make them out exactly.
Erlena was there… the commandos aimed their weapons at her, but we all just kind of stood there for a second. She looked directly at me, like she didn’t even see the others. She had this sad smile, like she’d known I was coming. We were still standing in shadows. Anyone but a Jedi wouldn’t have noticed we were there.
starmap
“Come out, love. I know you’re there,” she said. “And let the commandos come out too. The Force doesn’t get dimmer in shadows, and there’s no reason for you to skulk around like cave rats.”
We stepped into the light, slowly, like the room itself might swallow us. The commandos kept their guns up but I kept my blaster in its holster. It wasn’t like there, in that place, it would’ve done me much good anyway.
“Erlena, what’s going on? What are you doing?” I asked. I guess I hoped there would be an answer that would make it make sense. At least something that would explain her actions.
“Something that is greater than the two of us, sweetheart, and you’re better off staying out of it,” she replied.
“Come back to Republic space. Talk to the Jedi Masters about it. Maybe they can help,” I pleaded. But I knew she wouldn’t listen. There was something missing, some piece of the puzzle I didn’t have that she did, and I couldn’t argue what she was doing without it.
She stared at me, looking like she was about to scold me for sleeping with my blaster under my pillow again. “There is no time, Kaydein,” was all she said.
The next part was a blur. Apparently the sergeant had had enough of my diplomacy – the three commandos ran toward her, trying to pin her. She jumped over them effortlessly and turned her lightsaber on. I was afraid she was going to kill them. The troopers started firing. Someone screamed 'no'... I think it might have been me. She deflected all their shots without breaking a sweat. I’d seen her in action before, but never from this side of it. It was like watching a Divto snake dance. One of the deflected shots hit the sergeant. He was down immediately – it hit him in a weak spot. I ran toward her, my brain had finally wrapped itself around the idea that we needed to capture her. She jumped effortlessly over me. I managed to turn my face towards her and saw her expression. She looked at me with such a sad expression that it almost broke my heart. Then she said, “I am sorry.” She waved her hand and sent me and the remaining commandos flying across the room. Then I hit the wall...and everything turned black.”

To be continued…

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum