» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Fantasy V ios version coming to Steam.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Final Fantasy V ios version coming to Steam. on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:26 pm

So Alas, my favorite game in the FF series is having their mobile ios version coming to steam. Which is very very unfortunate.

(I'm not sure if my reaction was more like the Luke Skywalker NO or the Picard(First Contact) NO .)

I know it sounds minor, but the reason I really don't like the port is the character sprites. They are awful looking and poorly animated when compared to the SNES sprites, and even bad looking in general. The ios sprites are just plain lazily made and for some reason it really bothers me because what makes it worse is that the enemy and environment sprites have been upgraded beautifully.

Share your thoughts.

View user profile
I've just looked up a sample of the ios version on youtube and, while my reaction wasn't nearly as strong, it does seem iffy.

Background both inside locations and on the overworld map seem fine, and so do monsters and combat screens. But characters... I'm not sure I can describe what exactly seems wrong, but it sure does. Oh, and I certainly don't dig the style the portrait art is made in, despite its famous pedigree.

UI could be miles better, IMHO, as well.

View user profile
The charter sprite art style for FFV doesn't bother me, but it does for FFVI for some reason.

View user profile
Yeah, the bad quality of those sprites is really distracting. It's a real shame that the GBA version wasn't ported instead.

View user profile
Porting IOs games to PC is relatively simple, so it's not surprising this is the version we get. They must have heard the criticism about the sprites because they went with FF6 style characters for Record Keeper, which do look very cute.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum