» Turn 10-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legion Theories

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Legion Theories on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:03 am

Ok... This is a bit of a doozie, but hear me out.

Khadgar is in the 'None of The Above' category.

Let me explain.

The Bronze Dragon Flight is aware of time, because all of history has already happened. The minds of mortals like us only perceive it to be a straight line, however, it is not. Time in WoW is malleable, like puddy or clay.

The Flight is aware of any changes because they can sense all of time in it's entirety... until recently that is.

Which is why Kairoz did what he did. Had he been able to sense time the way he used to, he would never have taken the massive gamble that he did.

The Orcs were supposed to drink Mannaroth's blood. They were supposed to invade Azeroth. Broxigar was supposed to be sent back in time, and he was supposed to distract Sergeras just enough to get the portal to close 10,000 years ago.

But things are different on this Draenor. Some people that existed in our Draenor, don't exist at all. And now, Garrosh has thrown the biggest wrench he could fine into the works and altered the destiny of not just Draenor, but alternate Azeroth as well.

The Bronze Flight of the Alternate Azeroth would have become aware that something was amiss. Unlike our Bronze Flight, they may have never lost their powers. The first person they would have contacted with any ability to do anything, would have been Khadgar. Their Khadgar.

Their Khadgar would have become aware of this alternate time line, our time line, via the Bronze Dragon Flight of his time line, and through them been able to get in contact with our Khadgar. I believe Khadgar from our time line is the only one aware that things have gone horribly wrong.

The Centurion standing guard next to Khadgar in Draenor is new... at least to us. To Khadgar, she may have been a long time acquaintance. Because the Khadgar on Draenor is not our Khadgar. He may know of us from his time line, but I don't think that we were near as powerful there as we are here. There are subtle hints in his dialog that he is surprised with how powerful we have become.

Our Khadgar would know of our abilities, alternate Khadgar would not.

As events unfold on Draenor, it would become more and more clear to Alternate Khadgar, that the situation for his time line is beyond salvaging. They are doomed. The fires of the Legion are sweeping through time, consuming everything in it's wake, and he knows that little time is left.

Our Khadgar has possibly been working secretly on a way to mitigate the effects on our time line. It won't be pretty, but it will work, to a degree.

Our Khadgar may be investigating the Puzzle Box or any number of things to do this.

It is my theory, that because of these two Khadgars, our timelines will merge, as well as the people with it. When this is through, Azeroth with be in flames. Because it has always been in flames. The numbers of the Legion are infinite because there are two Legions now.

Now we have to fix Kairoz's mess one demon at a time.

But that's just my theory... I could be laughably wrong when Legion comes out.

View user profile

2 Re: Legion Theories on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:53 am

I admittedly doubt this is true thanks to a few things (their insistence that Alternate Azeroth won't be a part of the story, and the backlash against Alternate Draenor from fans) but... this would be awesome if true. Especially if it turns out our Warden friend is actually the equivalent of Alternate Maiev. But that's getting a bit off kilter...

3 Re: Legion Theories on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 am

I know... I was making coffee at work when this just popped into my head. It's probably the combo of being tired and smelling the Triple Caffeinated coffee that did it.

Yes, you read that right... coffee with triple the caffeine.

View user profile

4 Re: Legion Theories on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:26 am

My own Legion theory has to do with the "shocking event" that was promised at the Gamescom announcements - the one that's going to happen at the battle on the Broken Shore.

I think the Scourge are going to crash that party.

Kil'Jaeden, the leader of the Burning Legion, made Ner'Zul into the Lich King through torture. The Lich King betrayed the Legion at the first opportunity, directing Illidan to the Skull of Gul'Dan, and declared the Scourge's independence from them before the dust that used to be Archimonde settled on the slopes of Hyjal.

Mutual hostilities between Legion and Scourge haven't really ceased since then. The Nathrezim Dreadlords led groups resisting the Scourge. They led by subterfuge, and poorly, but this appears to be an issue of incompetence, rather than insincerity in their expressed desire to see the Lich King punished for defying them. When the Legion tried to get Kil'Jaeden through the Sunwell, they had to have a pit lord spend all his time fighting Scourge off Arthas' historical the path to the site, lest they spoil the ritual.

A major Scourge/Legion throwdown could deliver on Alien vs. Predator's old tagline: "Whoever wins, we lose." Given that their name is on the expansion and the revealed story is about them, it's going to be the Legion, at least at first.

We know that we're going to see more of the Vrykul, whose history is tied up with the Scourge, in a way that permits, but doesn't require, the Scourge to throw down their marker in the plot that Blizzard has told us about so far.

I'm going to rate this guess as a likely possibility, rather than a certainty. If they don't make their appearance at the Broken Shore, there's one other point in the story with a strong hook for their introduction: When we defeat Gul'Dan. Before he was reshaped into the Lich King, Ner'Zul was the first orc Warlock, tutor of Gul'Dan, but backed off when he started to realize how bad the stuff he was meddling in really was. The Lich King may still wish to teach its old student a final lesson.

(Speaking of which, did Ner'Zul show up in Warlords at all? At the point Garrosh flipped the table of history, he was consigned to obscurity, but very much alive and a member in "good" standing of the Shadow Council.)

View user profile

5 Re: Legion Theories on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:45 am

Ner'Zhul was probably the one of the Warlords who had the most screen time in WoD believe it or not. It's just only for Alliance. (the other two Warlords with lots of screen time are Gul'Dan, of course, and Durotan).

6 Re: Legion Theories on Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:30 am

It's occurred to me that the big shock on the broken shore could also be that Thrall dies. His story arcs are all wrapped and we know enhancement Shamans are going to get his hammer. I'm not sure but it seems even more likely than the Scourge showing up.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum