Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:10 am by Crensler

» Bound by the Past
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 6-1069
Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:41 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drew Karpyshyn has returned to Bioware to continue work on TOR

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Speaking of full circle, here’s the second piece of big news: as of this past week, I am back working at BioWare again! For those who don’t know, I spent over a decade with BioWare working on many award winning and fan-beloved games like Mass Effect 1&2, Knights of the Old Republic and the Star Wars: The Old Republic Online MMO. A few years ago I left BioWare to focus on my Chaos Born novels, but now that the trilogy is finished, I’ve decided to come back into the fold. But for those of you who love my novels, don’t worry – I’ll still be writing more of those, too!

Working at BioWare was a challenging but very rewarding job, and it’s good to be back as part of the team. The thing I missed most about BioWare was the amazing people I got to work with, and luckily for me many of them are still there! I suspect a lot of folks are going to wonder if this means BioWare is about to announce a new project tied to my return. The short answer: no. I originally came to the Austin studio many years ago to work on SWTOR and – at least for now – that’s what I’m focusing on again.

Source

Discuss!

View user profile

=D

to continue work on TOR

D=

View user profile
Well at least he can't possibly do more damage to Revan or the Exile at this point.

I mean he pretty much swung for the fences the first time.

I'm sorry but that novel combined with TOR caused me to lose whatever respect I had for the man as a writer of anything KoTOR.

He comes off a man with little regard for characters he himself wrote for. Willfully throwing them under a bus for the sake of a paycheck or " getting his name more out there".  Not much to praise about a guy that did what he did in the name of tying two characters into a completely different time.

pig

Last edited by JudgeSpektre on Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
He'll probably resurrect the Exile so she can be brutally ravished by a tentacle monster while a Revan gimp clone watches and cries in a corner.

Then we learn Mission Vao gave Zalbaar to slavers in exchange for heroin.

View user profile
The Lorerunner wrote:Not to sound negative, but...

View user profile
To be fair Drew did work on Mass effect 1 & 2 and the original Kotor, so he does have skill with writing, or did have skill with writing. How much of the story did he write in Mass effect 1 & 2 and Kotor? I know he didn't write the romance for Revan and Bastila. He's terrible at writing romance, even before the Revan book fiasco.

View user profile

I am afraid to even read the plot summary...

Shocked

View user profile

I was initially very wary when the article said he was "continuing work on TOR". This just cranked that wariness up to eleven.

View user profile
Um. Wow. Did not see that coming. I hope his future endeavors are more successful than his last ones with the company.

View user profile

View user profile
Wonder if he knows/cares he's on thin ice with the community.

View user profile
He doesn't care about any fictional universe or characters he writes for, as long as he gets his paycheck.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum