» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Funk of 40,000 Years

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 40]

1 The Funk of 40,000 Years on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:01 pm

Argus is the first to wake up with his face to the cold floor in a nearly pitch black room.  Four other people are still asleep around close by.  You still have your clothes (and/or armour) on, your arms are bound in front of you, and your weapons are nowhere to be seen.

The only beam of light from the ceiling illuminates a table directly underneath.  At the table are five empty chairs on your side.  On the other side is a tree seated in her own chair wearing a white business suit.  Her left eye and arm are cybernetic replacements, the wings are spread out as if they were being stretched from exhaustion; half of which go past the illuminated spotlight.

She sees you stir and folds her wings back up.  "Nice to see the effects are finally wearing off.  Please, have a seat.  We have business to discuss when the others come to."

What do you do?

Last edited by SilverDragonRed on Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

2 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Argus stirs with a groan, eyes taking in the room and its occupants, which aside from himself and the cyborg chick are still unconscious.  He wracks his brain for some clue as to how he'd gotten here, frowning as he hears the woman speak.  The goliath pushes himself up from the floor, grunting a bit at the awkwardness of it with his arms still bound.  He doesn't bother testing the bindings, fairly certain they'd have accounted for his strength, instead taking a seat.  "You got one funny way of extending an invitation, lady," he grumbles, waiting for the others to wake up so he could figure out what this cybernetic chick wants.

View user profile

3 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:26 pm

"Just a means of ensuring that the proposition isn't overhead."

She pulls out a sword--which looks like a mere toothpick in her hands--and slices enough of the binding to loosen them.

View user profile

4 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Around this same time, Todd Parish and Odric start to stir.

View user profile

5 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:38 am

Formatted dialogue: I claim Indigo. Is mine, no touch.
Grammar help: "seat" and "seated", not "sit" and "sitted".

The dark was a comfortable place if Todd wanted to be there. He often took full advantage of it on most jobs, and that seemed to have come full circle. The stark contrast of heat and light piercing the center of the room made it feel like an off-the-books interrogation scene from a romanticized cop drama he'd watched once, but after noticing the others half asleep and half awake, he could deduce that this wasn't an interrogation. His traitor clients couldn't be involved, not with the others, and he couldn't think of a reason why they'd involve a goliath. This also wasn't normally how his contact operated either, she never pulled people from the dark corners of the galaxy from their very beds. This dryad business lady, or the people using her as a go-between, had found him sleeping, kidnapped him and kept him out while bringing him to their custody, at their mercy for what purpose only the Raven Queen - or Slaanesh - knows. His spine twitched with unease and slight outrage.

"I hope you don't do this to all the boys," he clucks his tongue dryly.

He would try to speed business along if the others weren't here or asleep. Whatever she had to say, she would wait for the others to wake up first, and they would have no reason to distrust her proposal if they heard it from her directly.

View user profile

6 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Odric's eyes shoot open, he awakens as if a switch in his mind was flipped.
The beast inside of him immediately senses the restraints that hold him, taking hold of him, making him lash out like a animal trapped in a cage.
His eyes turn feral, his fangs extend, and he begins snarling in rage as he writhes on the floor.
But as quickly as his outburst began, Odric regains control of his senses and calms himself.
Noticing the others in the room, he tilts his head in their direction.

Disgruntle Tone:"Would someone like to tell me what I'm doing here?"

View user profile

7 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:59 pm

"I will let all of you know when the other two have come about.  Please, have a seat, I'll loosen the bonds to make things more comfortable if you wish."

View user profile

8 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Dryly:"You don't say, that's very generous of you."
Ordic motions to have his bonds cut.

View user profile

9 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:14 pm

"I like the sound of that." As he rises, Todd becomes acutely aware of the cobwebs still clinging to his mind. He shakes them off with a tired and pained groan, slumping down in one of the chairs.

View user profile

10 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 pm

"My employers wish to thank you for accepting their 'invitation' to hear their proposition.  However, we can not get down to the matter at hand as of yet.  Two of your compatriots are still out, and you took so long yourselves that I need some fresh air."

Sheathing the blade, she taps a button on her mechanical arm.  "And if you want anything to drink while I am away, speak up."

With a flash of light, she is gone.

View user profile

11 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:57 pm

"Well, shit, I guess we're on hold," Argus grumbles, chair creaking as he shifts his weight in an effort to get more comfortable.  He looks around for any signs of cameras or other monitoring devices, wondering how closely they're being watched.

OOC:
Perception roll: 5k2

View user profile

12 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:58 pm

Dice Roll

View user profile

13 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:58 pm

The member 'Crensler' has done the following action : Dice rolls

'D10' : 2, 5, 8, 1, 2

View user profile

14 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:31 pm

You don't see any signs of surveillance equipment, but then again, the room is dark.

Belegar Oheim's snoring abruptly stops, and he wakes up.

View user profile

15 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 pm

"I'm alive, so I can't complain. A little parched, though. A regular old cup of water to rinse my mouth would tide me over," Todd responds, part absently - to no one in particular, eyeing up the giant in one of the seats, who seems way out of place for whatever job the would-be clients have prepared for the group.

View user profile

16 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:17 pm

A glass--clearly meant for brandys--full of water appears in front of Todd with a burst of flame.

View user profile

17 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:19 pm

"Yeah, I'm sure that's safe to drink."

View user profile

18 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Todd picks up the glass with both of his hands, still loosely bound at the wrists. "If they wanted to kill us, I'm sure they would have put something in front of you regardless," he rejoins, getting a word in before greedily gulping some of the beverage and swishing it around in his mouth.

"Still, you probably shouldn't ask for anything, just in case," he impishly notes.

View user profile

19 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:57 pm

"Har har," Argus mutters, rolling his eyes at Todd.  He stares at the table for a few moments before shrugging slightly.  "A tankard of Squat stout?"  Might as well figure out what they could ask for.

View user profile

20 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 pm

Two wooden cups of Squat stout appears in the same manner as the glass of water--one in front of Argus and the other by Belegar--but is burning afterwards. The water cup refills itself.

View user profile

21 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Argus blinks at the burning cup, using his flak gloves to try and pat out the flames.

View user profile

22 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:42 pm

OOC wrote:ACK! Terribly sorry about taking so long to get in here! I didn't even notice this forum until now O_O

Sleeping.. restful, even. Must have drifted off during transit.. best to take advantage.. enjoy...

.. Awareness kicks in, awareness of time- too long under, awareness of the calm- sleeping too deep.. awareness of motion, specifically lack thereof.. I'm not on the transport.. I'm - not - on - the - transpo-

The up til now suit of light power armor violently jolts up from its peaceful rest on its back, servos whining gently with each twist of joints as the completely encased figure of human-size quickly surveys its surroundings.. no obvious danger, aside from the complete unfamiliarity of the place and complete lack of additional occupants. .. Better to be safe.

The figure brings itself to its feet with surprising swiftness while keeping its helm on a swivel, simultaneously bringing its back to the nearest wall and adopting a martial defensive posture.

OOC - For SM:
'Tin Man' attempts to initiate the RPA 'Leila''s personal interface, "Leila, status report and location."

Last edited by TheDeaconErudite on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

23 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:11 pm

"Tin Man, good to see you mobile again.  We couldn't drug you like the others, so we had to keep you separated.  Would you hear what my employers ask?  It could help you out later in the furture."

View user profile

24 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:26 pm

SilverDragonRed wrote:"Tin Man, good to see you mobile again.  We couldn't drug you like the others, so we had to keep you separated.  Would you hear what my employers ask?  It could help you out later in the furture."

OOC - For SM:
"Leila's" silence is deafening and very out of character, enough to send a brief chord of concern through Tin Man's core when coupled with the disembodied voice addressing them. Despite this, they still attempt to take stock of their immediate surroundings and maintain their composure, initiating their vocal speaker to openly respond in the iconic metallic tinge of the Alliance Powered Armor.

"Pitch what you're selling quickly, before I make your holding cell unfit for controlled containment."

The Light Power Armor's once-darkened rivets begin to glow a faint azure, focused more strongly along the mechanical gauntlets now balled into tight metallic fists.

View user profile

25 Re: The Funk of 40,000 Years on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 pm

"Excellent, we can discuss this business with the others.  If you can the lizard when you get there, the sooner we can begin."

A flash of light surrounds Tin Man.  When it vanishes the sight is of a table with six chairs, three of which are occupied by two humans and a goliath.  A squat and lizardman are still on the floor behind you, only one of which is snoozing.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 40]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum