» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Wars The Old Republic :Knights of the Fallen Empire - Spoilers ahead.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

If you want just to get to the meat, jump to "***" post. I had to write a small introduction, before presenting my point Very Happy

Star Wars The Old Republic can be called a hit, and can be called a miss for many people. Many people - including me - waited for game to come out, counting on every step of the way, that it will become what I wanted from Star Wars MMO. But, unfortunately, game was a miss for me. After every hit, there was a huge miss. For every Imperial Agent, there was a Jedi Knight. And so on. We all remember this game primary for being called Kotor 3 - and failing at it harder, than Mass Effect 3 (at least for me).

We are talking about a game, that made Kreia into a Force Ghost in love with "wannabeNihilus", forgot about Exile being a Wound in the Force, created more superweapons than any work of fiction is Star Wars ever, had less original characters than desings than romantic comedy for teenagers and made Revan into a maniac with his personality split.

Still, game had few hits. We finally got full out war between Republic and the Sith, with battles over planets becoming more, than just an assault on a city. We got characters like Darth Baras, or Darth Marr. We could enjoy playing as a Sith, without being an idiot simultaneously.

All things considered, if we discounted Kotor related stuff, game wasn't that bad. Than, expansions happened. With each other expansion, it was visible, that BioWare couldn't really expand on what was the best about the game - war between Sith and Republic. Instead, we got more superweapons, and countless secondary fractions, that were suddenly a threat. And, yet again, there were hits and misses. We had Dread Masters, who were really close to what we assumed was the True Sith. Than again, we had Revan with personality disorder. Again - hits and misses.

Question is, whether new expansion will be hit, or miss. Recently, I encountered a post on Reddit, that consisted of few big spoilers - spoilers, that were partially confirmed by a recording of a conversation from the game.

*** The big spoiler is, that Valkorion - the big villain of the expansion, leader of the new empire - is Vitiate, Sith Emperor. Suddenly, he doesn't want to eat the galaxy, but wants to conquer it. He thinks his new empire is better than anything created previously. Basicly, it is hinted, that Sith Empire was just a prototype for Eternal Empire, although it's not confirmed. What more, in game we had a third Star Forge mentioned - one, that ability to terraform planets. Valkorion tells, that his "Eternal Throne" - whatever that is - can reshape entire galaxy. My belief is, that it is last Star Forge. That means, we will have a repetition from Return of the Jedi (yet another deadly station, and an Emperor wanting us to join him), with a taste from Kotor (Rakata being the focus). It's of course up to you to decide, whether that is good or not. My idea - it sounds as deus ex machina.

Here is a link to sound file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACsw57YXpCw

And that is all I found in that recording - just it. Reddit post suggested, that Eternal Empire are the True Sith (despite not being Sith at all), that they were manipulating Revan all along. It practiacally makes KoTFE into Kotor 3, with huge Rakata focus. What more, post tells, that Vitiate was never as powerfull as we thought - so Exile's death was a waste to an even greater extent -_-. The expansion may even RETCON big chunks of EU. Yeah, because that is what this game does best.

Here is a link to the post https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/3jtmb6/spoiler_big_kotfe_leak_massive_spoilers/

So, what do you think about all of this?

View user profile
I realize the point is to discuss the expansion but I respectfully decline to spend more time on any TOR related reading.

That being said I'll simply hope that the possible KoTOR remake rumor is true and that it results in more or less rebooting the Old Republic era.

View user profile
As I mentioned on the stream where I discussed this exact plot twist (the Valkorion one), I think this might... might be a shift in the direction of returning Kotor2's dangling thread to prominence. Which thread? Remember how they talked about how the true threat of the Sith was more terrible and more quiet than anything else? How it was the kind of thing no one was prepared for and all that jazz? Well... imagine if this Eternal Empire is in fact that real threat mentioned previously, with the Sith Empire being nothing more than a cover for it. This would make the Sith Empire's obvious, blatant, and (frankly) disinteresting nature suddenly make sense as it was always there just to distract the Republic (and the viewer/player) from the real threat. It also turns Vitiate into someone who might, gasp, actually have the potential to be relevant to the story rather than being a macguffin.

The Lorerunner wrote:As I mentioned on the stream where I discussed this exact plot twist (the Valkorion one), I think this might... might be a shift in the direction of returning Kotor2's dangling thread to prominence.  Which thread?  Remember how they talked about how the true threat of the Sith was more terrible and more quiet than anything else?  How it was the kind of thing no one was prepared for and all that jazz?  Well... imagine if this Eternal Empire is in fact that real threat mentioned previously, with the Sith Empire being nothing more than a cover for it.  This would make the Sith Empire's obvious, blatant, and (frankly) disinteresting nature suddenly make sense as it was always there just to distract the Republic (and the viewer/player) from the real threat.  It also turns Vitiate into someone who might, gasp, actually have the potential to be relevant to the story rather than being a macguffin.

It would make the Emperor's absence of actual rulership of his empire make sense, leaving the dark council to "rule" over the empire while all the while having some semblance of presence either through his wrath and his other plans, all decoys to mask his involvement of building His perfect empire.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum