Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 2:10 pm by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1068
Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:01 pm by wolfking2k

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Greedfall, new game by Spiders: teaser trailer
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 am by RorytheRomulan

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Game In One Sentence

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 A Game In One Sentence on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:54 pm

This one sort of came to me so I thought I'd start a thing.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: "These normal lives were ruined, and then destroyed, because their lives were not deemed worthy of consideration by the system they served."

2 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:11 pm

"I'm sorry Mario, but the princess is in another castle... but not that one, or that one, nope, keep going, getting closer, a little to the right... ok there ya go."

View user profile

3 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:04 am

Star Trek (2013): "Kirk and Spock team up against the incredibly dangerous and overpowered Borg Gorn in attempt to prevent an invasion from another galaxy and despite the Enterprise taking heavy damage they head to Nibiru, where the ship miraculously hasn't got so much as a scratch."

View user profile http://night-forager.deviantart.com/

4 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:52 am

LaPetitBaguette wrote:"I'm sorry Mario, but the princess is in another castle... but not that one, or that one, nope, keep going, getting closer, a little to the right... ok there ya go."
Laughing

Night-Forager wrote:Star Trek (2013): "Kirk and Spock team up against the incredibly dangerous and overpowered Borg Gorn in attempt to prevent an invasion from another galaxy and despite the Enterprise taking heavy damage they head to Nibiru, where the ship miraculously hasn't got so much as a scratch."
As a Star Trek fan, that fills me with sorrow.

I don't know if this fits, but it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of,
Star Trek: Klingon Academy: "To be, or not to be."

View user profile

5 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:11 am

lurker4701822 wrote:
LaPetitBaguette wrote:"I'm sorry Mario, but the princess is in another castle... but not that one, or that one, nope, keep going, getting closer, a little to the right... ok there ya go."
Laughing

Night-Forager wrote:Star Trek (2013): "Kirk and Spock team up against the incredibly dangerous and overpowered Borg Gorn in attempt to prevent an invasion from another galaxy and despite the Enterprise taking heavy damage they head to Nibiru, where the ship miraculously hasn't got so much as a scratch."
As a Star Trek fan, that fills me with sorrow.

I don't know if this fits, but it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of,
Star Trek: Klingon Academy: "To be, or not to be."

Even though I haven't played Klingon Academy, that is a very good quote.

And I am sorry about being a killjoy with my first one, so here's one that's a little more uplifting, I hope.
Star Trek: Generations: "The ultimate proof that sometimes all it takes to fulfill arbitrary story elements is a little creativity and a few more minutes of thought."

6 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:14 am

Night-Forager wrote:And I am sorry about being a killjoy with my first one, so here's one that's a little more uplifting, I hope.
Eh, you weren't a killjoy, Star Trek reboot (imo) and CBS, they're the killjoys.
I remember Star Trek: Generations, never played it though.

I'll add some more Star Trek games I've played

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary: An adventure game of TOS episodes.
Star Trek: Jugement Rites: Another, better, adventure game of TOS episodes.
Star Trek: A Final Unity: An adventure game episode of TNG.
Star Trek: Klingon: Klingon immersion "choose your own adventure" FMV with Gowron.
Star Trek: Borg: "Choose your own adventure" FMV with Q, the Borg, Wolf 359, and time travel. (all the staples of TNG Laughing)
Star Trek: Away Team: Control an away team, from a Starfleet Intelligence ship that has holographic emitters and sensor ghosts. (sensors think you're a Romulan ship, and visual inspection too! Smile)
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy: Become the next great Captain; you'll of course need to take the Kobayashi Maru and win like Kirk.

View user profile

7 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:53 pm

lurker4701822 wrote:
Night-Forager wrote:And I am sorry about being a killjoy with my first one, so here's one that's a little more uplifting, I hope.
Eh, you weren't a killjoy, Star Trek reboot (imo) and CBS, they're the killjoys.
I remember Star Trek: Generations, never played it though.

I'll add some more Star Trek games I've played

Star Trek: 25th Anniversary: An adventure game of TOS episodes.
Star Trek: Jugement Rites: Another, better, adventure game of TOS episodes.
Star Trek: A Final Unity: An adventure game episode of TNG.
Star Trek: Klingon: Klingon immersion "choose your own adventure" FMV with Gowron.
Star Trek: Borg: "Choose your own adventure" FMV with Q, the Borg, Wolf 359, and time travel. (all the staples of TNG Laughing)
Star Trek: Away Team: Control an away team, from a Starfleet Intelligence ship that has holographic emitters and sensor ghosts. (sensors think you're a Romulan ship, and visual inspection too! Smile)
Star Trek: Starfleet Academy: Become the next great Captain; you'll of course need to take the Kobayashi Maru and win like Kirk.

Those are all good ones. I have to admit, I never got past the second mission in Starfleet Academy because I didn't know how to save games (and I felt like an idiot after I watched a walkthrough on YouTube).

I never actually played Generations either, but I found a walkthrough on YouTube a couple of years ago.
So, to the games I have played:
Star Trek: Starfleet Command: "Turn-based battles in space against the ultimate power in the Galaxy: Orion pirates."
Star Trek: New Worlds: "A Romulan weapons test creates planets inside the Klingon-Federation-Romulan Neutral Zone and you must help your faction build a military base to claim those worlds."

8 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:15 pm

Assassin's Creed Black Flag: "I'm on a boat, bitch, an' I'm gonna start a high seas riot, I'm a convoluted historical fictional pirate!"

View user profile

9 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:43 pm

SWTOR: "[class name], the [Republic/Empire] is making a [super weapon name], are you a [light/dark] side enough [dude/gal] to rescue the galaxy?!"

View user profile

10 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:16 am

Dragon Age Inquisition: "I'm sorry if you wanted to further the plot inquisitor but we really need you to go pick flowers to pad the game length."

Last edited by JudgeSpektre on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

11 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:46 am

Dragon Age 2: "Head back to your mailbox to advance the plot."

View user profile

12 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:33 am

Any Sonic game ever: "Stop the fat man and his evil plans."

View user profile

13 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:00 am

Think we can make it to that stellar body up there?

-Kerbal Space Program

View user profile

14 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:20 am

Valkyria Chronicles - Stop the Not-Nazis from taking over Not-(insert neutral country name here) in what is totally NOT an Alter-Earth version of WW2.

View user profile

15 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:30 am

Wolfenstein: The New Order- The Nazis rule the world.

View user profile

16 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Mass Effect: We'll bang, ok?

View user profile

17 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:41 pm

Pokemon Red/Blue: "Gotta catch them all, but no one actually does it."

View user profile

18 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Pokemon X/Y: Gotta inbreed them all!

View user profile

19 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Freelancer: It's aliens.

View user profile

20 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Aerois wrote:Freelancer: It's aliens.
Nah, Freelancer: It's Awiens Razz

View user profile

21 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:22 am

ME3-Sadly Shepard killed the Galaxy after he was told his choice would matter and not be different colored lights.

View user profile

22 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:07 am

EVE Online

The best game which teaches when you lose a 'life' (ship or pod rather...or both) that you actually lose something. Most games simply allow you a reset. Not EVE.

Technically that comment is 2.5 sentences butchered totally so it may not qualify.

EDIT: EVE ONLINE: While the need to hunt for survival is gone. While life itself is no longer a daily struggle. EVE still creates the rush that comes with the fear of death.

(stole last quote from ATX tournament video a few years ago)

LINK: https://youtu.be/3WcwD53OHQA

This is an old video.

Last edited by WKC690 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am having problems meeting one sentence requirement due to my single digit IQ)

View user profile

23 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:39 am

Life is Strange: Time travel is a thing but more importantly I'm in lesbians with you.

View user profile

24 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:33 pm

Life is Strange

Determinant: Well, that "happened".

View user profile

25 Re: A Game In One Sentence on Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:30 am

StarCraft 2: Well there's this story but let's just play the multiplayer, mmmmmmmkay?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum