Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Yesterday at 3:39 am by ZeroCool

» Turn 1-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm by Crensler

» Turn 2-1069
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Mass Effect 3, Your Edition
Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:40 pm by Braigwen

» Turn 12-1068
Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 pm by wolfking2k

» Player Houses
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:50 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Battle of Scales
Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:52 am by SilverDragonRed

» Good morning!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm by Galtori

» We started a Discord chatroom for the community. It's free to boot!
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 am by Chatterbox1991

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, Would Anyone Be Interested In A Forum National Roleplay Game?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

I'll have to think about the rune magic thing some more.  If nothing else I might allow it at a weaker relative power level should actual combat ensue.

Also, separate from the above post, here is the list of people who's nations have been submitted so far and that I have received.  If you are not on this list, get your nation to me.  Approval and review will not occur until I have everyone's nations in AND the island issue settled.

Javan: X
Baronesa: X
Braigwen: X
Crensler: X
Silver Dragoon: X
Greywolf:
Chaos Ryder: X
Kolson:
Snatchy:
Deacon:
Caffiene:
Baguette:
Aerois:
Berenion: X
Darkrai:

View user profile
Once again, I was with the floating island concept. As for character creation, I'm assuming there's nothing like a character sheet for a framework reference, and since there isn't currently any geographical, or hardline world lore outside of what's stated in the player-constructed nations, not to mention a core aspect of the setting being up in the air, I'm not entirely certain what guidelines there are for me to work within.

While it may seem like a bit of a cop-out, perhaps it isn't a bad idea for individual entities to be conceived -after- the game initiates and the world is constructed and populated with the player nations.

View user profile
coolkid wrote:this looks incredibly awesome is it to late to join up? Always loved these types of RPs, sadly you don't see them too often.
You are, in fact, welcome.

A question for those using that weird template thing... what in the Hells is Shaping Force?
Also Deacon I think you making you char after we have a map and nations is acceptable.

coolkid wrote:this looks incredibly awesome is it to late to join up? Always loved these types of RPs, sadly you don't see them too often.
You are, in fact, welcome.  

A question for those using that weird template thing... what in the Hells is Shaping Force?
Also Deacon I think you making you char after we have a map and nations is acceptable.

Awesome can't wait. Also I assume it's basically what the nation revolves around so religion, magic, military ect. It's an interesting little template. A few questions though as for technology I know the map and such isn't up yet but has it been decided like what type of tech is available and such like super high fantasy or some technology allowed. Also for formatting are we allowed to just use any form of template to create our nation or is there a preferred on like the one others have been using. Thanks!

View user profile
"The Lorerunner" I'll have to think about the rune magic thing some more.  If nothing else I might allow it at a weaker relative power level should actual combat ensue."

Greywolf
i was think it to mid to high tear of research anyway as this would be a new branch of magic the research of the array would be roughly 6-10 month of research plus a 1 1/2 month to set up and check if everything done right and i would not be fielding a army in couple of turns  and the creature once dead can not be re-summon for 2-3 turns and fact that the pillar limit the number that can be summon into the world some that would be use as a limited resource

View user profile
I like the concept of a nation that has a greater focus on magic use that is artifact / rune-based, rather than having common talent harness magicka directly from the aether, it creates a nice dichotomy to traditional magic-based civilizations.

View user profile
my nation

Nightlanders

Population: mixture of human elves and half elves

Politics
Political Structure: autocracy Leader title Overlord
Strong Influence: Mistresses of the Overlord
Popular Issue: foreign affairs whether could we expand or not and will it gain anything useful
Stability: stable
Personal Freedoms: decent unless you are a non-willing slave they have little but can have freedom with service or a reward for service achievement
Scandals: infrequent
Foreign Relations: neutral

Economy
Main Export: metal goods, gems and cotton cloth
Main Import: anything uncommon in our lands
Main Resource: food - crops/fruits
Trade: slight surplus
Strength: very strong and improving
Wealth: evenly distributed

Ecology
Main Climate: temperate
Ocean: none
Mountains: some, including a dormant volcano
Frequent Trouble: thunder storms
Wilderness: 60%
Wild Animals: dangerous little not no horse in my area Worgs are tamable mounts when train right
Natural Resources: very abundant

Culture
Highly Values: craftsmanship
Known For: a particular kind of magic
Popular Entertainment: plays
Respected Profession: mistresses or master of a craft name master’crafter’
Discrimination: virtually none
Major Taboo: public abuse of slaves even the non-willing ones
Major Social Ill: dwarfs and Halflings

Military
Strength: average
Focus: land
Main Unit: light raiding (Viking and Saxons) style of infantry
Soldiers: volunteers
Main Use: boarder control and policing

Magic
Occurrences: common
Source: earned skill, but requires aptitude
Major Use: selective uses
Viewed: as normal
Enchanted Items: very common

Religion
Type: polytheism
Focus: self-improvement
Worship: it of a personal choose on how they are worships but there is a common pantheon shared by all
Associated Art form: symbols and other depiction
Prevalence: believed by most
Holidays: often
Population
Urban: 10%
Rural: 90%
Literacy Rate: 55%

Gender Ratio: 1:3 male(s)/female
Fertility Rate: 4.7 children/family
Life Expectancy: 60 years

if there something i forgotten please let me know

on the thing of floating i am leaning on NO but will work with what every is the consensus

View user profile
coolkid wrote:
Awesome can't wait. Also I assume it's basically what the nation revolves around so religion, magic, military ect. It's an interesting little template. A few questions though as for technology I know the map and such isn't up yet but has it been decided like what type of tech is available and such like super high fantasy or some technology allowed. Also for formatting are we allowed to just use any form of template to create our nation or is there a preferred on like the one others have been using. Thanks!

There is no template, though several people appear to be using a similar onel. There also are no real stats (yet), so that's not concern either. This is primarily roleplaying not combat / stats (if we wanted that we'd go play Europa Univeralis IV or somesuch) so just keep that in mind.

TheDeaconErudite wrote:I like the concept of a nation that has a greater focus on magic use that is artifact / rune-based, rather than having common talent harness magicka directly from the aether, it creates a nice dichotomy to traditional magic-based civilizations.

it stem from my notion of words have their own power that is different from the Aether and to call upon this power one must speak the runic name of the thing they want to do for example a fireball require you to say the rune of fire and sphere together, if you don't want to speak you can draw out the runes instead there is an different in casting time.

my nation may have a magic core but will not be doing a harry potter and remain stagnant we shall improve everything we can i want my people to use there skills and talent than let them go to waste if they have a eureka moment i want them to be praised for that achievement i will not fall in the harry potter trap say magic is everything it is not

lorerunner do with have a semi-blank sheet of laws to work of because want polygamy as default marriage set up you can have with the traditional marriage set

View user profile
Yes for islands

View user profile
jamesdewolf wrote:.. if you don't want to speak you can draw out the runes instead there is an different in casting time.

. . . I know it may sound campy as hell.. but a part of me -really- likes the sound of a prodigious virtuoso of ceremonial calligraphy being an unorthodox, but nevertheless master-level spellcaster when it comes to rune-drawings, a naturally talented individual who adopted a practical martial form after the fact and refined it into an art form that is equally impressive in effect as it is aesthetically.

Yes.. I believe that appeals to me as a character concept a great deal.. Idea

EDIT wrote:Naturally, such an idea had already been presented publicly. Oh well, perhaps it could still be of use:

http://verantheacodex.tumblr.com/ju-waishu

View user profile
TheDeaconErudite wrote:
jamesdewolf wrote:.. if you don't want to speak you can draw out the runes instead there is an different in casting time.

. . . I know it may sound campy as hell.. but a part of me -really- likes the sound of a prodigious virtuoso of ceremonial calligraphy being an unorthodox, but nevertheless master-level spellcaster when it comes to rune-drawings, a naturally talented individual who adopted a practical martial form after the fact and refined it into an art form that is equally impressive in effect as it is aesthetically.

Yes.. I believe that appeals to me as a character concept a great deal.. Idea

EDIT wrote:Naturally, such an idea had already been presented publicly. Oh well, perhaps it could still be of use:

http://verantheacodex.tumblr.com/ju-waishu

hence the reason for the drawing part and with simple training can speak the word but proper understand of the nature of the rune give is by the drawing part and your right that it would be a master level to draw out with speed and precision, person can master a set of runes they are called there primes, then there secondary which are slight less practice then the primes but give them a more rounded help with problem solving and to relying to heavily on their primes all the time and people can have affinity to certain runes set

View user profile
My vote for the floating islands is no, I prefer being confined to the ground personally.

View user profile
The Lorerunner wrote:A question for those using that weird template thing... what in the Hells is Shaping Force?
Shaping Force is the primary catalyst for societal development and evolution.  Hence I said mine was technology, so expect my guys to be as advanced as Hellenistic Greece or Roman Republic.  They were more technologically advanced than late-era Roman Empire.

Also, I vote yes for the floating islands issue.

View user profile
Wat dragon said about the shaping force. Same for mine, while deeply religious, their pantheon encourage rational thinking and investigation, hence technology as primal method of advance.

And I vote no on the islands (at least the floating ones)

View user profile
i would say no for the floating island.
also magic being tied to something/someones "true" name is always something that appealed to me
that actually fits into my nations assumption that magic in public is unseemly and with their animistic religion even using the "True" word for rock to shape stone magically would be like taking control of a spirit and forcing it to change against its will. that works really well actually and really hammers home why the Sh'uhwa (my species) wear face coverings while casting spells. wow ok that's really neat actually.

View user profile
Hmm kk I have a few idea, I'll start working up a nation today, as a side note I voted no for the floating islands also, it's a cool idea that I've played around with in some of my own settings but for here I think something else would fit better.

View user profile
in my case then it 50/50 magic and technology we take advantage of all discipline we are will to expect new and different ways of thinking there are always several solution to a problem it find one that is most effective one that is the challenge are thinking easy is to always right

Lorerunner we are basically do are own twist of the the affinity system of civ be is using so i'm basically doing a hybrid start while the other are do a pure start.

also do we when we start have an idea on a map what is are us in a 5 mile radius of our town and will send out scout as a action add to a growing map?

View user profile
Current voting / submissions update:

Floating Islands Vote
Javan: Yes
Baronesa: No
Braigwen
Crensler: No
Silver Dragoon: Yes
Greywolf: No
Chaos Ryder: No
Kolson
Snatchy
Deacon
Caffiene
Baguette
Aerois
Berenion: Yes
Darkrai: Yes
Coolkid: No

Islands Submitted
Javan: X
Baronesa: X
Braigwen: X
Crensler: X
Silver Dragoon: X
Greywolf: X
Chaos Ryder: X
Kolson:
Snatchy:
Deacon:
Caffiene:
Baguette:
Aerois:
Berenion: X
Darkrai:
Coolkid:

View user profile
Another question but blimps are they allowable technology >.> (Has a horrible blimp armada idea)

View user profile
coolkid wrote:Another question but blimps are they allowable technology >.> (Has a horrible blimp armada idea)

Eventually yes. Remember you're a relatively new nation at the start.

View user profile
I'm still finishing up my nation for posting but I'll vote yes on floating islands.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum