» Turn 9-1068
Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm by FreelanceZero

» Nest of the Koth
Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 am by SilverDragonRed

» Star Trek TOS essential episodes?
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:04 pm by NMdum1

» Turn 8-1068
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am by FreelanceZero

» The end of a journey (Star Trek: Voyager Rumination)
Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:13 pm by NMdum1

You are not connected. Please login or register

So, Would Anyone Be Interested In A Forum National Roleplay Game?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Kolson Wezrae wrote:Are there any curtails on the Emperor's power at all? Like laws that say what he can and can't do?

Well he can't just declare someone an enemy of the state or sentence someone to death arbitrarily, for example.  He also can't go to war without reason, fortunately enough, though "reasons" can of course be fabricated.  He is the nation's commander in chief but does not directly control the military, though they are loyal to the Emperor in general.  He can, however, be removed from power if he is found guilty of incompetence or endangering the Empire, but this has only happened once in the entirety of the nation's history.

View user profile
*stares at the poll* Wow guys. lol.

In other news, after some thought and analysis I've decided NOT to give the stamp of approval to nations until I have all of them submitted, and until the islands issue is settled. I could go into the reasons but I have several, and I don't feel like typing right now. Must sleep.

Crensler wrote:Well he can't just declare someone an enemy of the state or sentence someone to death arbitrarily, for example.  He also can't go to war without reason, fortunately enough, though "reasons" can of course be fabricated.  He is the nation's commander in chief but does not directly control the military, though they are loyal to the Emperor in general.  He can, however, be removed from power if he is found guilty of incompetence or endangering the Empire, but this has only happened once in the entirety of the nation's history.

I believe it's safe to say it's a constitutional monarchy then. The Emperor has a lot of power but is bound by laws and likely traditions as well.

View user profile
my nation is a monarchy that rules in the mountains. there are many clans that rule in various provinces with a monarch leading the clans to work together. The monarch has a cabinet of advisers and making sure all the clans are happy is one of the monarchs main jobs until you people show up. Smile weirdly enough the threat of violence against other clans is used to affect internal and external policy but there has never been a recorded example of a inter-clan war.(weird huh?) also my nation has just got it's head around smelting iron and is a hot new item

View user profile
do we have a template so the Lorerunner get all the right information he wants second what type of resource is the world going to have, because i think i need a gem mine fill with all type of gem real and fiction i don't care

View user profile
Erm, do we really have 16 players in this? Because otherwise the poll is getting ridiculous and people outside the poll are voting, lol.

View user profile
Sorry I haven't been paying much attention to this.  I was rarely online since this thread started thanks to Hurricane Jacquim.  Anywho, I got this result from a random generator.  Will write a history and culture later.

Shaping Force: Technology
Population: Mainly nonhuman races
Ecology
Main Climate: temperate - plains
Ocean: surrounded (if we're not doing the floating islands thing)
Mountains: many, including a few volcanos
Frequent Trouble: vermin
Wilderness: 58%
Wild Animals: common
Natural Resources: very abundant
Magic
Occurence: common
Source: learned skill, but requires aptitude
Major Use: daily life
Viewed: as slightly exotic
Enchanted Items: very rare (if this is a thing)
Politics
Political Structure: oligarchy - theocracy
Strong Influence: merchants/guilds
Popular Issue: religion
Stability: very shaky
Personal Freedoms: good
Scandals: infrequent
Foreign Relations: somewhat bad
Culture
Social Strata: Nobles/Priests, Merchants, Tradesman, Unskilled Laborers
Highly Values: intelligence
Known For: science
Popular Entertainment: art shows / museums
Respected Profession: historian
Discrimination: virtually none
Major Taboo: certain religious rituals
Major Social Ill: drugs
Religion
Type: pantheism
Focus: ancestor worship
Worship: solemn public sacrifice by priests
Associated Artform: painting/murals
Prevalence: believed by many
Holidays: few
Economy
Main Export: metalworking, agriculture
Main Import: textiles
Main Resource: mining - precious metals, food
Trade: slight deficient
Strength: weak and declining
Wealth: spread throughout upper and middle classes
Military
Strength: very strong
Focus: land
Main Unit: lone horsemen
Soldiers: volunteers
Main Use: national defense
Population
Size: 60 million
Urban: 60% (30% if you're talking major cities)
Rural: 40%
Literacy Rate: 90%
Gender Ratio: 1.15 male(s)/female
Fertility Rate: 5 children/family
Life Expectancy: 43.7 years

CIVILIZATION MIX
ancient Greek urban/rural distribution, historical Arabic fighting style, historical Japanese spirituality, historical Egyptian death rites, historical Italian social hierarchy, and historical Central American superstitions

FLAG
The flag is a rectangle with a solid dark brown background and a square of blue-green on the upper left. The emblem is a dog and an eclipsed sun.

PANTHEON
Chief Deity:
Vonn, the Goddess of Alchemy, Victory and Beauty, is somewhat plain, with bronzed skin, short, dark grey hair, and eyes the color of fresh snow. She is medium height and very slender, and almost never frowns. She usually wears light armor dyed dark gold and silver.  She is also associated with famine, sorrow, luck and dawn. She is often worshipped by magic-users. Her large numbers of followers can be primarily distinguished by the ritual greetings they use. There are many shrines to her on lonely roads. There are many myths involving her illicit relationship with Jan. She is the son of Ju. She is known to send dreams to mortals seeking forgiveness.
Other Dieties:
Ju, the God of Day, is surprisingly ugly, with brown skin, waist length, curly gold hair, and eyes the color of fire opals. He is very short and of hearty build, and is usually frowning. He usually wears little clothing, dyed tan and medium green.  He is also associated with victory. He is often worshipped by lawbreakers. His many followers can be primarily distinguished by their hairstyle. There are numerous depictions of him in large cities. There are many myths involving his unlikely friendship with Niyr. He is the brother of Jyrur. He is known to occasionally mislead wicked mortals.
Shoachenu, the Goddess of Seduction and Medicine, is extremely beautiful, with ebony skin, shoulder length, rippling medium brown hair, and eyes the color of gleaming steel. She is of average height and slender, and usually has a guarded expression. She usually wears scant clothing, dyed red-orange and dark aqua.  She is also associated with luck, winter and secrets. She is often worshipped by the wealthy. Her few followers can be primarily distinguished by the clothing they wear. There are many shrines to her in military outposts. There are many myths involving her adventures with Jan. She is the mother of Vonn. She is known to give some help to mortal heroes.
Iduticen, the Goddess of Duels, Poetry and Fire, is quite beautiful, with very pale skin, shoulder length, medium brown hair, and eyes the color of the blue ocean. She is medium height and broad-shouldered, and seldom smiles. She usually wears simple clothes dyed dark grey.  She is also associated with archery, love and intoxicants. She is often worshipped by magic-users. Her few, but dedicated followers can be primarily distinguished by the shrines in their homes. There are quite a few carvings of her in most villages. There are many myths involving her competitive relationship with Jan. She is the wife of Anossoeo. She is known to give help to mortal magic-users.
Jan, the Goddess of Spring, Money and Horses, is eerily beautiful, with fair skin, shoulder length, flowing white hair, and eyes the color of black opals. She is very short and slender, and is usually frowning. She usually wears a cloak dyed bright blue and medium blue.  She is also associated with youth, the plains and assassins. She is often worshipped by men. Her many followers can be primarily distinguished by the symbols they wear. There are widespread temples to her on lonely roads. There are many myths involving her ill-fated romance with Anossoeo. She is the sister of Anossoeo. She is known to hinder mortal magic-users.
Niyr, the God of Resurrection and Fertility, is divinely beautiful, with very pale skin, shoulder length, curly dark golden hair, and eyes the color of fresh snow. He is medium height and very muscular, and is always smiling. He usually wears simple clothes dyed dark aqua.  He is also associated with harvests and light. He is often worshipped by commoners. His few, but dedicated followers can be primarily distinguished by their secret language. There are a few temples to him in most cities. There are many myths involving his many misadventures with Iduticen. He is the father of Jan and Anossoeo. He is known to give advice to mortal leaders.
Anossoeo, the God of the Wind and Water, is quite beautiful, with sallow skin, waist length, rippling dark brown hair, and eyes the color of tree bark. She is average height and somewhat muscular, and looks somewhat malicious. She usually wears formal attire dyed dark blue and blue-green.
She is also associated with destruction, politics and friendship. She is often worshipped by magic-users. Her vast flocks of followers can be primarily distinguished by their daily prayers. There are more than a few shrines to her near lakes. There are many myths involving her constant scheming with Jan. She is the sister of Jan. She is known to occasionally mislead mortal heroes.
Jyrur, the God of Winter, is unusually beautiful, with ivory skin, long, straight pale red hair, and eyes the color of forest moss. He is very tall and slender, and is always smiling. He usually wears simple clothes dyed grey and pale blue.  He is also associated with feasts and creation. He is often worshipped by merchants. His surprisingly few followers can be primarily distinguished by their daily prayers. There are widespread statues of him in small villages. There are many myths involving his unlikely friendship with certain mortals. He is the husband of Vonn. He is known to have relationships with mortal warriors.

HOLIDAYS
Jeez is a joyful holiday celebrated on the winter solstice. It is associated with solace, violence, wisdom and entropy. It is also associated with hawks, tigers-eye, garnets and haematite.
Tred is a solemn religious holiday celebrated on the second full moon of winter. It is associated with temperance, a reconciliation and a reunion. Celebrations last three days.
Anaisa is a solemn historical holiday celebrated just after the second full moon of winter. It commemorates a reversal of fortune. It is associated with psychic abilities, confidence and warding. It is also associated with carnelians, birds, storms and spruce trees. Traditions include public and private arranging of alliances, prayers and intoxication. Very few sects celebrate it differently.
Alotak is a joyful historical holiday celebrated just before the third full moon of winter. It commemorates a heroic deed. It is associated with grounding, a financial difficulty, solace and romance. Traditions include public and private atonement, signing of documents and contests of skill. Very few cities celebrate it differently.
Ralles is a civic holiday celebrated just after the spring equinox. It commemorates an injury. It is associated with diligence, creation and a parting of ways. Celebrations last . Traditions include private affirmations of relationships, swearing of oaths and sacrifices.
Mis is a joyful civic holiday celebrated on the third new moon of spring. It commemorates a natural disaster. It is associated with a romance, harmony and a relationship ending. Traditions include private annulling of contracts, awarding of honours and signing of contracts.
Rearor is a solemn religious holiday celebrated on the third full moon of spring. It commemorates a challenge. It is associated with a natural disaster, courage and confidence. Many groups celebrate it differently.
Aelund is a joyful religious holiday celebrated just after the summer solstice. It commemorates a disappointment. It is associated with diligence, a change in plans, a secret and a misstep. Celebrations last nine days. Many sects celebrate it differently.
Droux is a holiday celebrated on the fall equinox. It is associated with hope and unity. Celebrations last from dawn till dusk. Traditions include public atonement, annulling of contracts and contests of strength.

MOTTOS
Might, Beauty, Heroism
Cooperation, Death, Heroism
Education and Zeal, Science and Authority
Morality, Compassion, Sovereign
Love, Enchantment, Competition

SUPERSTITION
You mend clothing in a grove of maple trees you will bring about an injury.
Happening upon a rabbit often foretells a disappointment.
If you begin a romance in a grove of oak trees during winter you might bring about a competition.
A thief spotting a gemstone in a forest often is an omen of a death.

View user profile
That is a great format for the nation... *steals format!* Also interesting nation *nods nods*

Did you used this one? http://chaoticshiny.com/civgen.php Seems to offer a good starting point

View user profile
That is the one I used; really just the first one I found.

View user profile
So, I see 20 votes up there for the island issue. Let's take a bit of a roll-call shall we? Say something if you are NOT mentioned.

Javan
Baronesa
Braigwen
Crensler
Silver Dragoon
Greywolf
Chaos Ryder
Kolson
Snatchy
Deacon
Caffiene
Baguette

Is this everyone? Cuz that is not 20 people.

+1 to the count

View user profile
question to all the nations that are in what are your dominant races in your nation it will help me work out mine also languages is there going to be a common tougue

View user profile
*whistles* That's a wealth of information. With regards to my individual character, it's likely you'll have to suffer the culturally ignorant from time to time. jocolor

View user profile
So I'm thinking of an autocratic, xenophobic, magi-phobic, and technologically advanced human society. If this is a magical setting, then the nation would be themed as WW1 Germany.

I'm having some difficulty expanding on this to something that we can work with RP-wise. Can we have an example or outline of what's absolutely necessary to expand on?

View user profile

90 my nation on Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Sha'durne
Shaping Force: Magic
Population: Mostly The Sh'uhwa with some other races as well
         Politics
Political Structure: Monarchy
Strong Influence: Magic
Popular Issue: *REDACTED*
Stability: extremely stable

Personal Freedoms:fairly open
Scandals: common (bickering clan leaders)
Foreign Relations: Bad (very isolated till recently)
Economy
Main Export: raw ore and materials
Main Import: metalworking (just discovered how to smelt iron so any metal work of higher quality is fascinating)
Main Resource: mining - precious metals
Trade: difficult grasp on traditional trade but quickly improving

Strength: weak, but improving
Wealth: little concept of "currency" in the traditional sense keeps track of favors and debts
used in a quasi-barter system
Ecology
Main Climate: desert
Ocean: none
Mountains: very many
Frequent Trouble: windstorms

Wilderness: 65%
Wild Animals: few desert animals
Natural Resources: lots of minerals and precious metals. little else
Culture
Highly Values: creativity/Philosophy
Known For: ancient ruins
Popular Entertainment: Sporting events/Philosophical debates
Respected Profession: Any all Careers seen as vital because of small population  
Discrimination: virtually none
     Military
Strength: weak (Small)
Main Unit: berserkers (Sh'uhwa)
Soldiers: Mercenaries (foreign mercenaries hired to protect boarder)
Main Use: Defense and scouting
Magic
Occurence: common
Source: inherent ability
Major Use: Entertainment (Wears veils during performances)
Viewed: with respect/ Shame (magic in public is seen as unseemly)

Religion
Type: animism
Focus: philosophy
Worship: Chants

Associated Artform: Epic stories
Prevalence: believed by most
Holidays: often
  Population
very low less than 200,000 Sh'uhwa
Urban: 75%
Rural: 25%
Literacy Rate: 27%

Gender Ratio: 1 male(s)/female
Fertility Rate: ???
Life Expectancy: ???
Species:
Sh'uhwa (means: people made from them, in clay) the Sh'uhwa are a tall people with reddish brown skin, pointed ears, and a muscular physique. They stand about 6 1/2 feet tall on average and nearly no hair on there bodies. stripped to the waist they are often seen with their signature skirts made of various animal hides cut into strips above a cloth undergarment. they are often also covered in tattoos which tell of their clan's history. while at first glance seeming imposing covered in tattoos and with their harsh, efficient language they are actually quite friendly and perfectly willing to talk your ear off about just about anything given the excuse. Also, they posses a strange ability to sense what another member of their race is feeling, as well as their monarch which they often state their opinions on how she is feeling as fact. They have a keen oral tradition and stories (the standard length of which is said to be told from dawn till dusk). while they have a rather advanced magical practice (in comparison to there technological level which barely approaches the iron age) they see it as "K'nod" (the baring of ones soul) and see it as unseemly in public, barring combative encounters.  a joke that has cropped up since their discovery about a generation or so ago suits them rather well.
       "the only things you need to beat a Shu in a fight are a heavy mace, a couple hours, and some earmuffs. the mace to get them to to notice what your doing, a couple hours for them to realize that it would be polite to at least react to some of your blows, and earmuffs to ignore the constant conversation they will make you endure throughout the entire process"

View user profile
The Lorerunner wrote:
Javan
Baronesa
Braigwen
Crensler
Silver Dragoon
Greywolf
Chaos Ryder
Kolson
Snatchy
Deacon
Caffiene
Baguette
Aerois
13 people

View user profile
Dont forget me!

View user profile
The Lorerunner wrote:
The Lorerunner wrote:
Javan
Baronesa
Braigwen
Crensler
Silver Dragoon
Greywolf
Chaos Ryder
Kolson
Snatchy
Deacon
Caffiene
Baguette
Aerois
14: Berenion

View user profile
if we are doing the floating island how big are they going to be i.e the sizes of Ireland or new Zealand or Iceland or Greenland
and how long is a day going to be?

View user profile
Sapphirus Ascendancy

Shaping Force: Magic
Population: Mainly nonhuman races

Race:
They call themselves Children of the Fire. Known as The Sapphire, they have dark, basalt colored, rough skin and bony plates instead of hair. Their eyes range in color from fire red, golden, dark blue or pitch black. They are noted for their almost supernatural skill of their gem-cutters. They are exceptionally good at Necromancy. Their clothing style is extravagant to the point of excess. Most of their designs mimic the patterns of sunlight through thick black clouds of volcanic ash. They keep to their settlements most of the time unless they are mining or hunting for food. A small percentage of the population, mostly upper class, live in the capitol city. The rest live in small towns or rural villages on the outskirts. They are a very solemn, duty driven people who value discretion and hard work above all else. To outsiders, they seem cold and distant. Though not xenophobic, they do like to keep a distance from other races.

Ecology
Main Climate: Mountains, Many Volcanoes
Ocean: None (if we're not doing the floating islands thing)
Mountains: many, including a many volcanoes
Frequent Trouble: volcanic eruptions
Wilderness: 63%
Wild Animals: Common and vicious
Natural Resources: very abundant

Magic
Occurrence: common
Source: learned skill, but requires aptitude, influence, and money
Major Use: Political
Viewed: as an instrument of the very rich
Enchanted Items: extremely rare (if this is a thing)

Politics
Political Structure: Autocracy
Strong Influence: Merchants, High Nobles, Emperor
Popular Issue: Survival/Politics
Stability: slightly unstable
Personal Freedoms: tolerable
Scandals: infrequent
Foreign Relations: neutral/bad

Culture
Social Strata: Emperor, Upper/Lower Nobles, Merchants, Skilled workers, Unskilled workers, Servants
Highly Values: Hard work/discretion
Known For: metal working, jewelry
Popular Entertainment: Historical plays/Lamentation Parties
Respected Profession: Gold-Smith/Merchant/Priest
Discrimination: Social Status
Major Taboo: Touching the Emperor or any member of the Upper Nobility
Major Social Ill: drugs, escaping from sociatial duties

Religion
Type: Monotheism (Equally Matriarchal and Patriarchal)
Focus: ancestor worship
Worship: Priests summoning spirits of the departed into preserved bodies to receive blessings or advice
Associated Artform: Metal working
Prevalence: believed by many
Holidays: few

Economy
Main Export: metalworking, gold-smithing
Main Import: food, textiles
Main Resource: mining - precious metals
Trade: slightly deficient
Strength: Moderate and steady
Wealth: claimed by the upper classes

Military
Strength: very strong
Main Unit: Infantry
Soldiers: Conscription soldiers, usually the second and third sons of a house
Main Use: national defense, keeping the peace

Population
Size: 35 million
Urban: 20%
Rural: 80%
Literacy Rate: 65%
Gender Ratio: 1.15 male(s)/female
Fertility Rate: 5 children/family
Life Expectancy: 53.9 years

Civilization mix:
A mix of Teventer class structure, Ferelden nobility structure, Turian mindset, Ancient Egyptian fighting style, Necromantic death rites.

Flag: A red flag with a white diamond in the center. Inside the diamond is a golden star cupped by two black hands.

Diety: Seraphina, Goddess of the Mountain's burning hearts and Home's Hearth. She is symbolized as a stylized flame within a blue sapphire. Those who are summoned via necromancy are said to speak for her. The Emperor, kept functional via Necromancy has been her direct representative for nearly 400 years.

Holidays:
Azar: Celebrated on the 9th day of the 9th month. It is to honor Seraphina's gifts of gems and metal. Preserved dead are encased in ceremonial garb, heavily stylized and encrusted with gems. During the festivities, honored dead are led out from the temples where the priests have prepared them, out to the streets of the Capitol. There they are led by great fanfare to their final resting places. Most treated this way are nobles or influential merchants. Rarely can a common person afford such treatment. Usually, smaller ceremonies are conducted for families who can afford to hire a priest to care for their family members.

Aelaivy: Celebrated on the spring equinox. It is associated with change, fear and matchmaking. Celebrations last four days. Traditions include private arranging of alliances and marriages, decorations, and theatrical productions. Almost no traditions celebrate it differently. Many young women are dressed in as much finery as their families can afford and sent to parade around in the Capitol's square in the hopes that a Merchant or Noble looking for a match will choose their daughter. This happens often enough to keep the tradition alive.

The Emperor's date of death, known as his Appointment as Seraphina's Voice, is celebrated on the last day of the fifth month. Any who die on this day are honored as having been chosen as the Emperor's guard. Their spirits are believed to guard the Emperor and rarely are heard speaking through the Emperor's body.

Motto
Duty to family and Empire above all other needs.

Superstitions
Wearing diamonds set in silver will ensure a woman will never be wed.
A house set ablaze by volcanic fire contains hidden sins.
A gem set on a high cliff above a lava flow is never to be disturbed. Seraphina has claimed that gem as her own and any who steal it from her risk her wrath.

Last edited by Braigwen on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because naming a nation is a thing...)

View user profile
I wish to participate.

I'm hoping for a fantasy/sci-fi setting.

Questions.

Will we have full control of our nations and what they do with our forces and individuals such as ambassadors and military leaders?

What's the state of fantasy creatures, as in using creatures such as a small force of dragons or a battalion of trolls?

*Edit Yes to floating islands.

*Edit 2 Yes to rune magic. (expecting it to be rare)

Last edited by DarkraiNewmoon on Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
this my rune magic explanation
is a branch of magic. rune magic use runic symbols to cast magic spell and summon creature to aid you there are bases around the 6 element of light, shadow,fire.water, earth and air. each element rune can be use to create a summoning pillar and an elemental runic heart stone. the heart stone can only summon 15 minion and each summoning pillar add another 15 to the pool the summon creature at as a elite unit there are sub pillar that can summon support creature like constructors they can help build thing each pillar is a research option it take 5- 10 turn to complete the research then five turn to make then a turn to attune in the summoning array. the array is hexagram with six circle at each of the point the contain the main summoning heart stone then the pillar are add on the heart stone move to the top of the pillar the sub pillar don't need a heart stone they are connected to the main heart stone, is this sound too op

View user profile
Alright, only 14 people have responded. I now want everyone to individually vote in on the islands issue. I already know two of the votes and will notate them accordingly. This post will be kept updated with the totals.
Javan: Yes
Baronesa
Braigwen
Crensler
Silver Dragoon
Greywolf
Chaos Ryder
Kolson
Snatchy
Deacon
Caffiene
Baguette