Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» We're all fine here, thanks. How are you? (Community thread for everything.)
Today at 1:22 pm by Luslanz

» Turn 1-1068
Yesterday at 7:07 pm by FreelanceZero

» Turn 2-1068
Yesterday at 12:52 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Turn 12-1067
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:05 pm by Spartanmario

» Player Houses
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Koth Meeting
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:07 am by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Chelsey Wright: hiring a lawyer
Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:54 pm by RorytheRomulan

» Tyranny Coupon 50%
Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:46 pm by TheUltimateParadoxs

» Warlords II: Turn Four - Departure of a Hero
Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:52 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dealing with a huge loss.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dealing with a huge loss. on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Hey guys posting here because I have nowhere else to really talk about this. My father passed away this morning due to a heart attack. I haven't talked with my direct family in about three years, that includes my father, my mother, and my older brother. This is just a lot for me to deal with right now and just wanted to share and talk about this with you guys. If anyone else has dealt with this I'd love to hear how you dealt with it, and any advice you can give me. I talked with my adviser at college and she is emailing all of my professors, and giving me a week off from my responsibilities. I have been seeing a counselor for about a year, and conveniently had my weekly session today. Sorry to bring something so heavy to the forum but I just needed a place to get it all out. My girlfriend of almost 7 years has been by my side all day so I am thankfully not alone. Thanks for everything guys you all are a great community.

View user profile

2 Re: Dealing with a huge loss. on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:45 am

=(

I'm sorry for your loss. No one deserves that. It sounds like you're in good hands though.

All the best~

View user profile

3 Re: Dealing with a huge loss. on Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:43 am

I'm sorry for your loss Laetteralus. I find getting out of my own head to be the biggest help in matters like this. I like to go for walks and seek the company of folks that I find mentally stimulating.

When you feel up to it, maybe try taking on a small project or helping out someone else with one of their problems. Any activity that gets the focus off of you while you process your emotions can help and having something you can control and accomplish can go a long way towards countering any feelings of helplessness you may have right now.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum