» Turn 6-1069
Today at 11:40 am by SilverDragonRed

» Some interesting thing with Star Trek Discovery
Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 am by ZeroCool

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:41 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do not respond.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Do not respond. on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:12 pm

Forget it. I wanted discussion, not "you're wrong".

I actually want to take a moment and thank those who saw the post and didn't think "let's prove him wrong!" sorry that wasn't the point. the point was to think of things that are weak in their respective universes and pit them against something strong in another. So to those who did just that, thank you, you're awesome.

Last edited by DeutscheKind on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:41 am; edited 4 times in total

View user profile

2 Re: Do not respond. on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:38 pm

Times those 10 Krogan by a million and they might stand a chance of beating Russia.

View user profile

3 Re: Do not respond. on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:43 pm

Modern Russia has hundreds of nukes. I don't think Krogan are nuke-proof. And you better believe that if Russia is being invaded by a hostile alien force, those nukes will get used.

Now, if those ten Krogan weren't armed, they might be able to take on an entire Roman Legion and win.

View user profile

4 Re: Do not respond. on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:10 am

10 Krogan would literally be torn apart by heavy artillery. If they were that dangerous, then they would be facing the full force of Russia's army.

Surround them with attack helicopters, aerial bombings from jets, and a wall of tanks, and they would be lucky to fire a single shot.

Put them up against a Civil War era army, and they might stand a chance in that scenario.

View user profile

5 Re: Do not respond. on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:46 am

Well make these 10 Krogans 10 Haluter from Perry Rhodan and I take your bet!

View user profile

6 Re: Do not respond. on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Just throw Rambo and his bullet deflection field at them.

View user profile

7 Re: Do not respond. on Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:55 pm

LaPetitBaguette wrote:Just throw Rambo and his bullet deflection field at them.

Hm, Rambo vs Stormtroopers = Win? Surprised

View user profile

8 Re: Do not respond. on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:55 pm

I say that the squad we see in Aliens with their standard equipment would take Marye's Heights during the Battle of Fredericksburg. Their mighty fine APC is too fast to reliably target with grey arty and the nerve gas Vasquez mentioned will quickly render the greys out of commission.

A bit of info about Marye's Heights

Or, name any of the five beaches of the Normandy landings. The Colonial Marines will take it and destroy the pillboxes without a single casualty. Their Cheyenne dropship will be the trump card here with nose-mounted machine gun and 44 missiles.

View user profile

9 Re: Do not respond. on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:38 am

so how does mother russia have the weakest army? lol

and your 10 krogan would get wrecked by master yoda Smile

View user profile

10 Re: Do not respond. on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:50 am

I feel like bringing a 22nd century dropship to WW2 is a bit cheating... XD

View user profile

11 Re: Do not respond. on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:17 am

DeutscheKind wrote:Forget it. I wanted discussion, not "you're wrong".

I actually want to take a moment and thank those who saw the post and didn't think "let's prove him wrong!" sorry that wasn't the point. the point was to think of things that are weak in their respective universes and pit them against something strong in another. So to those who did just that, thank you, you're awesome.

We got discussion, and we discussed why your scenario wouldn't work out. I even gave an alternative scenario involving 10 Krogan.

I don't know what you want me to say when I see big flaws there. If you said 10,000 Krogan, then maybe we have something.

View user profile

12 Re: Do not respond. on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:26 am

10,000 krogan with tonka(LOL thats what i call em) trucks would be a good match for most of earths modern day militaries (USA would win with just sheer numbers), however I feel they would still get wrecked by aircraft and we haven't seen any krogan aircraft in the games

View user profile

13 Re: Do not respond. on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:31 am

That, and and the Mass Effect militaries don't have an answer for arty of any kind (towed or howitzer).

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum