Lorerunner's Forums

The Lorerunner's Forums

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Turn 5-1069
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:30 pm by SilverDragonRed

» Babylon 5: The Fall of Centauri Prime (S5:E19) ~ On the End of Londo Mollari and the Symmetry of Mister Morden
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am by Arsene Lupin

» Turn 4-1069
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:30 pm by The_Wanderer_In_Rags

» StarCraft 2: Redux
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:23 pm by theshadowcouncil

» Potential Future Loreruns
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:26 am by WKC690

» Your Top 3 Themes of each Final Fantasy?
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:28 am by Alianger

» Lorewalkers' Top 5: JRPGs
Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am by Alianger

» Turn 3-1069
Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:21 am by FreelanceZero

» Bound by the Past
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:58 pm by SilverDragonRed

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do FFII and FFIV truly coexist in the same world?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I understand that there is evidence to support this and I'm all for it, but I think (maybe I'm not the only one) that I've noticed a small inconsistency that essentially questions the whole thing, unless there's a minute detail I've missed, so here goes:

1a) Its stated in FFII that there is a woman living in Deist castle, Elina, and her son Kain.

1b) Elina was widowed after her husband, Phillip, was killed in an assault against the Palamecian Empire, and both her and Kain were taken in by Ricard Highwind.

1c) Ricard dies after confronting Mateus and after his death Elina and Kain flee Deist.

~Jumping to FFIV~

2) The king of Fabul gives Cecil the Deathbringer, a sword belonging to a former dark knight (in-depth supplements state that the knight's name was Leonhart and later attained priesthood after relinquishing the Deathbringer) who left it at Fabul castle.

HOWEVER, its stated that this took place 100 years before FFIV. Since both child Kain and Leon lived at the same time in the same game, this implies that Kain would be over 100 years old as of FFIV if both it and FFII share the same continuity.

View user profile http://luxalike.deviantart.com/?rnrd=83160&rnrd=140524
There is also the major diffrence between the world maps. Mabey that change could happen over a couple million years, but not one generation.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum